Mornington SMS

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Third time must be considered enemy action. :shrug:You know the drill by now, down the rabbit hole.

Click the "Red Button" to reveal the unpleasant truth, or click the "Blue One" and remain in blissful ignorance.

L'irlandais

Post Likes
Speed rules in force: No more than 60 minutes. (Game in 30" for the in crowd. Analog chess clocks not provided.)

Station codes only. Please don't use the full station name as it will be red flagged and points deducted. If your team's flag has fallen, you lose the game (with some exceptions.) There is some more interesting etiquette for later. Landmarks allowed at a pinch!

L'irlandais

Post Likes
HRV to get things started then

Clock is running, gentlemen

Last edited:

L'irlandais

Post Likes
I will let you away with that, since most are new to the game on here.

Heathrow central’s official station code* is HRC. (*London Underground Published Codes, that is)
This is usually a three minute rapid fire game, played with textos. By which time your opponent has probably snuck in a couple of bloopers. Easy enough, with the number of duplicate codes available. HXX is another valid choice. With HIV for Terminal 4 & HRV for T5

UXB for me.

Last edited:

L'irlandais

Post Likes
Uxbridge, actually.

Although I do remember working freelance in Sir Frederick Snow & Partners, on the corner of Hopton Street, the morning (28 February 1992) the IRA bombed London Bridge station 700 yards down the Southwark Street. Being an Irish National certainly made for some stilted conversation when I went to Frank’s Cafe for breakfast that day.

Last edited:

L'irlandais

Post Likes
:buttkick: Close but no cigar.
STO would be Stockwell. I don’t much fancy wandering around there at this time of night.

So let’s follow Lee’s suggestion instead and go to Soho.
LSQ (Leicester Square in London Underground published code. See #6 for list.)

L'irlandais

Post Likes
You guys have timed out. Game 30’ d 1(month)

GRH
Jonathan Lambeth is a journalist for the Financial Times these days.
Wonder if anyone remembers his Danny Kendall days?