Moved back to the UK

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
As some of you know I moved out to San Diego four years ago. My wife and I decided to return back to the UK. We arrived back in the UK yesterday and I will be joining the Cambridgeshire referee society in time for the new season (based in Newcastle at the moment).

I'm looking forward to seeing how my reffing-style works on the English game!

List of things to do:

Buy some boots with studs

Buy a thermal under layer!

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
We are gutted to see you go. Get back soon. How are the Geordies reacting to your California accent?

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
I had real problems with the voice operated system for the bank today but apart from that everything seems to be normal:pepper:

Picked up the cats from Newcastle airport at lunchtime, they don't seem too stressed after the flights (captain on the flight back came to tell us about the storage, transport and microclimate in the hold. BA were superb with the movement of the cats and they know have little UK approved custom stamps on their forms).

We are gutted to see you go. Get back soon. How are the Geordies reacting to your California accent?

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
DrSTU went into a Newcastle shop and said,

"I'm looking for some shorts"

"Aye. What size collar?"

Welcome back!

:pepper:

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
yea....sad to see you go stu....

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
I'll get around to changing your flag today!

tim White

Referees in England
Post Likes
Welcome back. I hope you left your personal sidearms behind, but I would keep hold of the body armour just in case. Place is full of mad scientists or yokels with concealed agricultural tools.

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
DrMrsDrSTU and I should fit in just fine then :smile: I'll be looking into what goes on science wise in Cambridge as I think there's quite a few business opportunities I'd like to look into.

Welcome back. I hope you left your personal sidearms behind, but I would keep hold of the body armour just in case. Place is full of mad scientists or yokels with concealed agricultural tools.

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
Is this a Professorship at the Uni?

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
No, I decided to get out of academia as it wasn't gelling with what I wanted out of life. I've moved into Medical Communications and I'm hoping to get much more writing done than I could with the academic position. I had a great time out there but it really hit home that academia wasn't the route I wanted to take.

Is this a Professorship at the Uni?

tim White

Referees in England
Post Likes
I was raised just West of Cambridge, happy to provide a translation service for yokels. :chin:

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
I might just get one of those warm up suits to ref in!

Went shopping before and I was the only one wearing a hoodie at lunchtime; though the temperature isn't too bad at the moment.
And leggings? :deadhorse:

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Hi from Suffolk. You will probably bump into my relative who is Cambs.
Watch out for the Fen people strange breed.
Oh and Science wise. Cambridgeshire is chock full of companies buddy. However there are a few you may want to consider body armour for.

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
I'll keep an eye out for them.

Got new shorts sorted, base layer and iPhone 5. All the essentials!

Time to start fitness training this week.

Hi from Suffolk. You will probably bump into my relative who is Cambs.
Watch out for the Fen people strange breed.
Oh and Science wise. Cambridgeshire is chock full of companies buddy. However there are a few you may want to consider body armour for.