Need template for score card

Mr.Christopher

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Hi all,

I am running low on my scorecards, and I was wondering if anyone out there had a good template for a referee's scorecard?

I had a bunch that were folding-double sided.... you could keep score on the outside (boxes in columns marked T, C, P, DG and Score) and the inside had a grid for substitutions on one side, and space for notes and such.

Anyone out there have any real good templates?

Thanks,
MrChristopher

The umpire

Referees in England
Post Likes
A quick search reveals the thread below. It is in the 'refs only' section however.
ForumReferee Only ForumsReferees' General Forum Score card design and content

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Hi all,

I am running low on my scorecards, and I was wondering if anyone out there had a good template for a referee's scorecard?

I had a bunch that were folding-double sided.... you could keep score on the outside (boxes in columns marked T, C, P, DG and Score) and the inside had a grid for substitutions on one side, and space for notes and such.

Anyone out there have any real good templates?

Thanks,
MrChristopher

http://www.rugbyrefs.com/wiki/index.php/Score_Cards

Mr.Christopher

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Hi Browner,

Yeah, I've seen those... but my union has asked that us ref's keep track of the player number of those who score points and such... so I was hoping for less of an "open-cell" concept for tracking points. I've got a request into my local union, and hopefully I can get file that we use... and I'd be happy to share if I get it.

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
Here's what my A7 notebook looks like after a match:

cnm85pr.jpg

Instead of splitting the book by team it's split by halves of the match (first half on left, second half on right) because for some reason our dismissal reports insist on asking you what the score was when the dismissal occurred - if that's not a concern, there's no reason why you can't use a half for each team. I don't have to record subs, but if I did I'd use the back.

The major advantage of doing it this way is that there's no adding up necessary when someone asks for the score; I've got a running total right there, and I can still backtrack and check my working if necessary.

edit: after seeing your most recent post, the format of info here is Team Letter | Running Score | Type of Score | Points Scored - the last one in particular could easily be swapped out for a scorer's number.

Last edited:

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
How did the score go from 6-0 to 10-0 ????

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Not sure if trolling, or you've just failed to notice who posted it and the sport which they referee...

My error, I thought Mr Christopher posted the picture.