New App for keeping track of games

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Any possibility of it being available on other formats? eg Android / Windows / Apple?

Simon Taylor

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Any possibility of it being available on other formats? eg Android / Windows / Apple?
Sorry no. My whole point was to get this on a rainproof / waterproof watch! The Pebble is compatible with iOS and android, though.

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
I've just added this free App to the Pebble watch app store. It tracks match time, cards and score. Vibrates on the wrist to let you know of a time expiration. I'd be delighted to hear what people think of it. If you have a Pebble, just search for "Rugby" in the App store.

http://simontaylor.wordpress.com/2014/12/26/pebble-development-a-first-app/

this looks really good, do you have to pay for it?

can the 40mins be adjusted to 35mins and sin bins be reduced for junior games? that would be an awesome addition.

Simon Taylor

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
this looks really good, do you have to pay for it?

can the 40mins be adjusted to 35mins and sin bins be reduced for junior games? that would be an awesome addition.
It's free. Just say nice things about me.

I'll look at a way of reducing the match time, but bear in mind I want to keep the basic operation the same.

I might be able to add a setup mode somewhere - obviously, if I add 35 minutes, the next request will be 30... I need to make the setup non-volatile too, really.

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
It's free. Just say nice things about me.

I'll look at a way of reducing the match time, but bear in mind I want to keep the basic operation the same.

I might be able to add a setup mode somewhere - obviously, if I add 35 minutes, the next request will be 30... I need to make the setup non-volatile too, really.

Yeah that's true, however to make it fully functional for a refere, I think this may be a must have. For premiership academy games they use reduced time.
unless you have a pebble, but to invest 100 notes or more then more functionality would help.

Just a welcome and say a setup with match time and sin bin time. That would make it pretty awesome.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Have to agree with Andy, if you can't alter the game time it's pretty much redundant.
You need a different time for juniors, Sevens and trial games (in the summer these are usually 20 minute quarters).

I appreciate you are trying to keep it simple, but it also has to be functional if you want referees to take it up.

Most referee watches are compatible with football and rugby.....so again, you need 45 minutes.

The more functionality it has, the more liekely people are to use it.

Having said all that, I won't be buying a smart watch until I have seen the Apple watch in the shops.

Simon Taylor

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I only wrote it for myself, then someone suggested it might be useful for referees. But yes, I'll add a setup mode. I thought of the football thing, too (although the cards section won't be used for football).

Development on iOS is much more complex, I'm unlikely to re-write this for the Apple Watch.

Simon Taylor

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I'll make it default to 40/10, obviously. But maximum and minimum match and card times? 10 to 45 and 5 to 10 minutes?

Last edited:

AntonyGoodman

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Would be great, but as others have mentioned, you need to be able to edit the game times.

This is the one I currently use on my Pebble:

https://apps.getpebble.com/applications/52b21a82cd4183a4b200006f

There is no option for cards (I only ref U11s, so no problem there), but I like the way they let you edit the times that you use regularly on your phone and then sync them to your watch.

Antony