New Forum Feedback

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Fellow Member,

Please use this thread to give feedback, good and Bad ( but constructive please ) on the new forums.

We will try our best to implement all that we can, but not every request will be possible.

Many thanks,

Admin Team

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
We seem to have lost our post counts. Is that deliberate or a side effect?

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Maybe I'm missing it, but with the old software, we could click and go the first unread post. Is that still possible?

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I guess we will never get our 'likes' count back ?
How do the reaction score and points work ?

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
once i can get back in to the old system, i may be able to and add to this.

@crossref looks like a no, i cant get the old count back. The reason it was turned off on the old forum was because it crashed the whole site, and the only way to see the count is to turn it on, which, you guessed it will crash the site. ?

When i have time i will do a DB query and see if i can find that info, but its not on the urgent list at present.

UPDATE -- I have found the details in the DB, BUT it will take a while to extract all the info. I will get to it, and update as appropriate

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Trying to find a way of explaining this, basically the more likes you get, the better reaction score you get, then trophies . Points im still working out

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Maybe I'm missing it, but with the old software, we could click and go the first unread post. Is that still possible?
Not sure if you are on mobile, or desktop, but im using Chrome on desktop, and i find them as follows:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-12 at 18.35.12.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-12 at 18.35.12.png
    273.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2021-12-12 at 18.33.51.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-12 at 18.33.51.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 2

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
That takes me to updated forums. I'm talking about the actual threads, where clicking on a button would take me to the first unread post on that thread.

I'm using Chrome, desktop

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
That takes me to updated forums. I'm talking about the actual threads, where clicking on a button would take me to the first unread post on that thread.

I'm using Chrome, desktop
do you not mean this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 08.52.15.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 08.52.15.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 2

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
so, as i said before, reaction score is increased when you get a like, love or whatever to the bottom right. I can change the score you get for each, so a 1 for a like, but 3 for a love and so on. you have a 1 as i 'liked' your post before.

The points system ( again customisable ) is when various things are achieved, so you get 5 likes, you post 10 times, you visit x amount of times and so on. Lots of options to choose from and customise, and can also create a leaderboard!!

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
so, as i said before, reaction score is increased when you get a like, love or whatever to the bottom right. I can change the score you get for each, so a 1 for a like, but 3 for a love and so on. you have a 1 as i 'liked' your post before.

The points system ( again customisable ) is when various things are achieved, so you get 5 likes, you post 10 times, you visit x amount of times and so on. Lots of options to choose from and customise, and can also create a leaderboard!!
i don't see a 'love' option ? and perhaps we could bringback the 'dislike' option?

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
i don't see a 'love' option ? and perhaps we could bringback the 'dislike' option?
hover over the like button, then other options appear

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 11.57.34.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 11.57.34.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1