New Forum Feedback

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
thanks - but Im still none the wiser as to where the secret refs only forum is :) LOL
send me a screenshot of the forums listing you have please, as i have analysed the permissions and it says you can access it

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
so i just created a user with exacly the same permissions as you, and they can see it, so scroll to the bottom, then its just above the rugbyrefs.com threads:

Screenshot 2021-12-16 at 21.13.59.pngScreenshot 2021-12-16 at 21.13.59.png

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
ahah!
they've appeared!

hero!
no worries, happy to help, ive having to edit things all over, bit of a pain but worth it in the end, great to see so many back using the forums again

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Hi Dave, there used to be a feature whereby a poster could quote law (as opposed to a common or garden variety quote). Is this still available?
Cheers.

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Hi @Dickie E ,

I think it is still there, i have to add them in to the system. Ill look at them and make sure they are all up to date, dont wanna be quoting any of them out of days laws, like" the ball must be fed straight into the scrum"!!! ?

Can you remember how this was invoked on the old system?

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Hi @Dickie E ,

I think it is still there, i have to add them in to the system. Ill look at them and make sure they are all up to date, dont wanna be quoting any of them out of days laws, like" the ball must be fed straight into the scrum"!!! ?

Can you remember how this was invoked on the old system?
Dave it didn't quote law, you had to paste in the law, but it produced a different style of quote, so it looked different from a normal quote

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Hi Dave, there used to be a feature whereby a poster could quote law (as opposed to a common or garden variety quote). Is this still available?
Cheers.
this is back up now, next to the quote button. I may change the image, but at present its the rugbyrefs.com logo.

Thanks for the suggestion @Dickie E , please keep them coming.

This is not a law!

buff

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
My profile identifies me as a rugby club member instead of as a referee. How do I change that? I can't access the referee only forums identified in no.43 above

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
My profile identifies me as a rugby club member instead of as a referee. How do I change that? I can't access the referee only forums identified in no.43 above
And as if by magic, you are now a referee. ? you just missed the check when you joined, sure there are others I’ll get around to changing too

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
would other groups like images, such as your club image, under there name, as the refs do?

I can add these, it will take a while, but im willing to do it if users want it?

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
We seem to nearly all be down as ‘referees’. Are we able to change our descriptors to something a bit more accurate like we were in the previous forum? I.E. Advisor/Observer etc.

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
We seem to nearly all be down as ‘referees’. Are we able to change our descriptors to something a bit more accurate like we were in the previous forum? I.E. Advisor/Observer etc.
That’s changed now for you, but the descriptions aren’t set right, so I’ll get them edited.

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
That’s changed now for you, but the descriptions aren’t set right, so I’ll get them edited.
Thanks Dave. I can see a few comments being made about me being a ‘rugby expert’! :)