Nike Illegal Studs

Pinky

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
The US guidance is good, but not correct in everything. Eg, studs. Says single material, but I have seen Gilbert and Canterbury boots with plastic/metal studs, and it suggests original Preds would not be allowed. England have been seen wearing padded underpants, but I prefer the US guidance which says no.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
England have been seen wearing padded underpants, but I prefer the US guidance which says no.

I agree with US guidance also, The rugby park is no place for bladder control issues. One would think England RU would discover these problems before selections of XV. Perhaps it was discovered to close to test time, and they just went with it.

"went with it", pun intended

Crucial

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Why do WR even bother with clothing regulations unless the only intention is to obtain 'approval fees' from manufacturers.

According to Regulation 10 male players are not allowed to wear chest protection yet Victor Matfield is currently playing with a full on shoulder/chest set up.

Do the regs not apply at Pro level or do refs not have the support to enforce them?

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
http://gfycat.com/ThirdFarflungBengaltiger

I am not placing all of the blame on this, however the Nike boots with the metallic studs are illegal. This studs are illegal as they are too thin at the base, this is what can happen with illegal studs.
This is probably would have happened with legal studs as well, however the pointed nature of those studs can't have helped the situation.

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
.. This studs are illegal as they are too thin at the base, this is what can happen with illegal studs. This is probably would have happened with legal studs as well, however the pointed nature of those studs can't have helped the situation.
Exactly.