Now that has got to hurt!

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
it's from the daily mail. what price the first comment being "well i bet it doesn't stop him staying over here and claiming benefits while his elbow heals"?

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Trust the Daily Xenophobe to report with so many gleeful pictures of a foriegner in pain.

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
What hurt more was knowing that he weighs only a little more than I do, and was snatching 160 kg :holysheep:

OR: his snatch is 50 lbs more than my back squat.

Looks like he had no issues getting under the bar, but he locked out too far back and tried to ride it out before the hyperextension. Poor dude...

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I watched this last night - awful injury.

The Chinese fella who won was awesome (not a word I like to use) with a WR in the snatch (175kg) and a WR total (175kg+204kg). He went for a WR in the C&J too but missed it. In the C&J he didn't do it normally (splitting his legs so to speak) but after getting the bar overhead from his chest/collarbone, sat down in a full squat and then stood up - WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

12st bloke lifting 32st - :holysheep:

Last edited:

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
He went for a WR in the C&J too but missed it. In the C&J he didn't do it normally (splitting his legs so to speak) but after getting the bar overhead from his chest/collarbone, sat down in a full squat and then stood up - WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

Instead of split jerking, athletes will go into a drop-snatch from a front rack position and then lock the weight above their head. Then they essentially overhead squat the weight. It's another technique I've seen used (the winner at the PanAm games did this effectively).

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Trust the Daily Xenophobe to report with so many gleeful pictures of a foriegner in pain.

following the quite disgusting description of Vos' win the women's road race on Sunday as "some bitch from Holland",

Can you imagine the apoplexy the Daily wail would be in a Dutch newspaper columnist described Lizzie Artmitage as "some bitch from Britain" ?

didds

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
The Daily mail is in a permanent state of apoplexy, basically down to resentment that the world isn't as it was in 1938, and anyway even in 1938 it wasn't as they felt it should be, since Mosely never took power.

Cave Dweller

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
following the quite disgusting description of Vos' win the women's road race on Sunday as "some bitch from Holland",

Can you imagine the apoplexy the Daily wail would be in a Dutch newspaper columnist described Lizzie Artmitage as "some bitch from Britain" ?

didds
Did they say it in English or Dutch?