NRC Jerseys

TigerCraig

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Forget the ELV's, the real stuff up is the jerseys

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...ional-rugby-championship-20140813-103k86.html

http://images.canberratimes.com.au/2014/08/13/5675295/1407945814032.jpg-620x349.jpg

Individually they are ok, but having 4 teams in predominantly gold, plus 1 in orange, with none of the gold teams having an away strip, plus using a yellow ball is madness

The WA, NSW Country and Sydney Stars (aka Sydney University) all make sense as they are based on the historic jerseys but no change ????

FWIW I like my team (North Harbour's) jersey. Distinctive and pays respect to the 4 partners:

Manly: Blue & Red
Warringah: Green & White
Northern Suburbs: Black & Red
Gordon: Green, Gold & Black

Last edited:

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Once again just saying numbers shows it's worth.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
most games I do players aren't even aware that they have numbers, let alone what that number may be :(

At scrum set up:

"Blue 1, I'd like to see a longer bind this scrum ........ Blue 1, can you here me .......... Blue 1, I'm talking you ...... mate, you're Blue 1"

Confused prop: "Sorry, ref, are you talking to me?"

TigerCraig

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
most games I do players aren't even aware that they have numbers, let alone what that number may be :(

At scrum set up:

"Blue 1, I'd like to see a longer bind this scrum ........ Blue 1, can you here me .......... Blue 1, I'm talking you ...... mate, you're Blue 1"

Confused prop: "Sorry, ref, are you talking to me?"

Pretty much my entire pre match is: "If you want to talk to me go through your captain, you are Red, they are Blue, know what your number is as that is how I will be talking to you, can I have the tight 5 and scrum half please"

One of the reasons I don't like doing school games is no numbers on jerseys

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I remember a game where at a ruck close to the touchline I shouted

"Blue 6 step back!"...."Blue 6 step back!"......just bringing my arm up for advantage, about to ping Blue 6, when the entire touchline shouted "EWAN, You're Blue Six!!".

:biggrin:

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
So how do they decide what jersey to wear? When I played I remember players deliberately getting the appropriate jersey from the bag/pile.

irishref

Referees in Holland
Post Likes
last season I did a rearranged evening game(Colts) in November with quite poor floodlights. Both teams home shirts were yellow but I knew that the away team also have a black set and presumed they would bring them. They did.

However, the home team seemed to produce a set of black shirts from nowhere as well, albeit with some yellow bits. I asked the away coach to reverse his team's shirts but they were quite dark on the inside too! The home team's yellow shirts were not on the premises (??) and the black shirts were a gift from a recent sponsor so "had to be worn".

Both teams in black shorts and socks too. I have to say sorting out the breakdown and where bodies were in rucks etc was very demanding.

On reflection I will never allow a game to go ahead in such conditions again and will not accept blithely what coaches say!

Last edited: