NZ WC shirts

Pablo

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
The All Blacks change strip is predominantly white

OUTRAGEOUS cultural appropriation of a kit colour historically associated with England! :sarc:

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Apart from the kit sponsor, right?

Who get the prime spot on the sternum

AFAIK yes.

What I mean is AIG (a Global Partner, not a kit supplier) can be on the training jerseys and seen at training venues but not at match grounds.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
OUTRAGEOUS cultural appropriation of a kit colour historically associated with England! :sarc:

One word..... "Anthracite"! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I've googled it and I still don't know who it is! :)

View attachment 3895

Looks like a greying Clem Burke - the drummer in Blondie/Ramones

OK, time to give it up - its Pablo DeLuca (Argentina). He was Argentina's first iRB international referee.

His son Pali DeLuca refereed at the recent WR U20 Championships. (Pali is actually a nickname, his real name is Pablo, like his father)

Last edited:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
OK, time to give it up - its Pablo DeLuca (Argentina). He was Argentina's first iRB international referee.

His son Pali DeLuca refereed at the recent WR U20 Championships. (Pali is actually a nickname, his real name is Pablo, like his father)

Of course! :biggrin:

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
[LAWS]Tournament rules don't allow the All Blacks main sponsor, AIG, featuring on the jersey.[/LAWS]

New Jersey revealed on Twitter:
What I don’t get is the light blue change strip has a big AIG logo across the middle.

Australia’s dark green with yellow looks way to similar to RSA’s traditional colours.
Springboks have gone with a white change strip, wtf?
Do teams deliberately try to create colour clashes?
The blue one is their training jersey. They have a white one for their change jersey.

Pinky

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
The blue one is their training jersey. They have a white one for their change jersey.

Not just a training jersey as they seemed to be wearing blue shorts and socks too!

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what their change strip will be like? And when they will wear it?

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
It’s presumably to be the white strip, like last time. If they had something entirely new, they’d have shown it at the launch, right?
I have not found any images to support that, however this comment from the launch is clear enough
There have been suggestions the white alternative strip looks more like thermal underwear.

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
They had a grey strip for one RWC , didn't they ? 2007?
I remember that dreadful game against Scotland , where Scotland literally didn't turn up (they rested the A team for the next game ) ... and both teams played in almost identical grey change strips. Not Scotland finest hour

tewdric

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Wales have posted a teaser for their RWC kit. It's red.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
They had a grey strip for one RWC , didn't they ? 2007?
I remember that dreadful game against Scotland , where Scotland literally didn't turn up (they rested the A team for the next game ) ... and both teams played in almost identical grey change strips. Not Scotland finest hour
View attachment 3896

Zebra1922

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Never mind the kit, look at the size of SBWs quads!

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
All Blacks alternative strip v France 2017

Read_1120.jpg

For the 2019 RWC, if they use it, the AIG logo will be removed, the Adidas logo will replace it, and the official World Rugby RWC Logo will go where the Adidas logo was.

The usually only wear it against Scotland or France if they wear their dark blue strip. I cant see them using it for the pool games as it would be unnecessary.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I think all the teams normally wear the change strip in at least one pool game, to justify the sales of the replicas. It would be poor show to sell people a jersey that the team had never ever worn

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I think all the teams normally wear the change strip in at least one pool game, to justify the sales of the replicas. It would be poor show to sell people a jersey that the team had never ever worn

NZR do not have an "away strip". They have a policy that the alternative strip is only ever used when there is a potential colour clash.

Occasions at RWC where the All blacks have worn the Alternative kit....

1987 v Scotland 1/4 final - (colour clash)
1991 no
1995 v Scotland 1/4 final - (colour clash)
1999 They played Scotland in the 1/4 final, but the Scots wore Orange! GO figure
2003 no
2007 v Scotland Pool game - (colour clash) and v France 1/4 final (colour clash)
2011 no
2015 no

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
It's ironic that in both 1999 and 2007 they could have worn the back kit.
Indeed in 2007 black would have been better, avoiding the blue/grey colour clash

Last edited:

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
It's ironic that in both 1999 and 2007 they could have worn the back kit.
Indeed in 2007 black would have been better, avoiding the blue/grey colour clash

I think you misunderstood my post

They did wear the black kit against Scotland in 1999 because the Scots wore Orange.

They had to wear the change kit in 2007 against France

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
To be honest, I think the Scottish orange strip is a good solution. All teams should have an orange change strip. Then one or other team wears Orange when a colour clash occurs. End of the age old problem.

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
To be honest, I think the Scottish orange strip is a good solution. All teams should have an orange change strip. Then one or other team wears Orange when a colour clash occurs. End of the age old problem.

And the Dutch don't need a change strip at all :D