Official Akuma Rugby & RugbyRefs.com Merchandise

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
I'm pleased to say that RugbyRefs is in the final stages of a partnership with Akuma to produce a range of clothing for referees, and possibly more. (Big Thanks to DDJamo for the introduction!)

The site look will change soon to incorporate Akuma's support of RugbyRefs.com and they will look after all the orders & dispatch.

The items will be quality items that will impress your fellow referees and societies, and will hopefully bring the Akuma name into Rugby Referee societies & associations.

Below you will see a small handful of rough designs, Akuma are creating the final versions this week & next.

We are hoping the range will be available very soon, and will include all we have spoken about before, plus jackets, etc, for assessors/supporters, and female fit shirts & shorts.

The price of this gear is yet to be determined, We are both keen to get this gear to you at a competitive price, so to make the prices cheaper we will need a firm idea of numbers for the first batch, the more people buy them, they cheaper they will be. They have even thrown in the idea of putting the country flag of your choice on the sleeve, sort of like we have here, for a bit of individuality.

The exception is the training top, which Akuma have told me can be made bespoke in a variety of colours. So whatever floats your boat.

Orders will initially be taken through the forums and on email until Akuma's online shop is opened around August/Sept, when it will be sold through there.

For Australian/NZ orders I suggest we order in a batch to make shipping cheaper at the start, and then you can order as you like.

Initially orders will be in GB£ with the option for US$, but as the exchange rate is in most peoples favour (and the company is in the UK, so isn't losing out), I think sticking with the pound for the moment is the best deal.

Hopefully the range will be good for you to use in refereeing & everyday life.

Let me know your thoughts, click on the pics to make them bigger.

Kit Bag:
bag.jpg

Caps:
caps.jpg

Polo Shrts
poloshirts.jpg

Refs Top 1
Ref Shirt1.jpg

Refs top 2
ref shirt2.jpg

Tracksuit
tracksuit.jpg

Training Top
training.jpg

T Shirts
TShirts.jpg

Last edited:

Robert Burns

Staff member
Post Likes
Re: Akuma & RugbyRefs

Sorry for it being a bit slow guys, this is Akuma's busiest time, however the following bundles have been sent over for review and I think they look good.

A NH & a SH Bundle.

Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.rugbyrefs.com/akuma/NHB.pdf
http://www.rugbyrefs.com/akuma/SHB.pdf

These are geared for the NH & SH but not exclusive too, so the ladies stuff will be available to SH lady refs as well, etc...

Last edited:

Robert Burns

Staff member
Post Likes
In order to remove the need for people to trawl through lots of posts about what was happening I have created a new one.

Please see the attached Flyers for prices, I'll bring across the posts with the other flyers in a sec.

When your computers update as well you will see that the BG has changed to incorporate the Akuma Rugby logo on the left side.

The guys from Akuma have a login and account here, so should be able to answer any questions you specifically have regarding the kit.

Last edited:

Robert Burns

Staff member
Post Likes
Photos will be available soon after Phil and his fellow refs (Thanks to Warwickshire Society, who were also winners of the best website of the year in 2011, for their assistance) have had their photo shoot.

We are also looking for a Referee around the Warwickshire area, who referees at a good junior standard (U16/U17) and is at least a little photogenic to use the kit in a game to allow Akuma to get some 'action shots'. We understand (and fully respect) that most societies will have sponsorship commitments so will not be able to assist, hence why I believe a good 'club ref' would be beneficial. (Also be good to raise the awareness of these guys who give up their weekends to ref kids at their clubs). If you or your club would like to help please email me at robert@rugbyrefs.com.

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
What's the Gold, Silver and Bronze thing?

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
different packages i would guess.

i've not looked at the others, but the GBP prices look to be a little steep to me. i am half scottish which may explain it, so does anyone else also think so?

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
oh I get it I'm supposed to read it as a column!

Prices are different for USA and UK though. Beanie is $12.50 and 12.50. Price seems fair to me though.

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
I am very tempted by it.

Any chance of adding initials or name? say free if we bought the whole package? or by item for individual orders?
Just a way of slight personalisation.

Robert Burns

Staff member
Post Likes
Yes,

Akuma did confirm earlier that individualism (flags, initials, etc) of certain pieces of kit are available (training kit I believe).

Not sure if extra cost or if would be able to be included as a Package, Akuma would have to confirm that.

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Just me or is £90.00 for shirt, shorts, socks a little steep :chin:

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Just me or is £90.00 for shirt, shorts, socks a little steep :chin:
£77.50 surely?

Ie £70 "discounted package" and £7.50 UK delivery.

Last edited:

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
£77.50 surely?

ah worked that out now :redface:, sizes and how do we order?

Last edited:

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
£77.50 surely?

Frankly spending over £20 on shirt, shorts and socks seems a bit steep to me.

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
The shirts for my club refs come to 15 quid a time. just throwing it out there ;-)

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
£15 for a shirt - say a fiver for shorts, and a good negotiator should be able to get a pair of sock thrown in...

Robert Burns

Staff member
Post Likes
You need to remember some distinct differences.

With your society / association they buy approx 300 - 400 shirts (all the same). They have the quantity to be able to negotiate price.

Here it is going to be a range of shirts that has a potential to be bought by thousands (if all members bought one) or fifty, if not many buy them.

You also need to remember that by purchasing some kit you are helping the site, which is available yo everyone for free, without any annoying adverts or pop ups. Just built on what I can afford, and maintained by the same plus the generous donations of members.

Next, look at the price of replica kits, at least £50 a shirt.

These items will be good quality, much better than the Ram ones, those who already have Akuma shirts will be able to attest to this.

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
Rob,

Have you considered rounding up members of the site and shoving coal "up there" I'm sure you'll produce some diamonds and be able to cover all future costs:biggrin:

You need to remember some distinct differences.

With your society / association they buy approx 300 - 400 shirts (all the same). They have the quantity to be able to negotiate price.

Here it is going to be a range of shirts that has a potential to be bought by thousands (if all members bought one) or fifty, if not many buy them.

You also need to remember that by purchasing some kit you are helping the site, which is available yo everyone for free, without any annoying adverts or pop ups. Just built on what I can afford, and maintained by the same plus the generous donations of members.

Next, look at the price of replica kits, at least £50 a shirt.

These items will be good quality, much better than the Ram ones, those who already have Akuma shirts will be able to attest to this.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
My Society just ordered a bunch of Akuma kit.

The only one quibble I have on our shorts is that if it pisses down with rain, they get a bit clingy, unlike the Koogas. Admiitedly, these shorts may be different.

That to one side, I'm really happy with what we got.