only in Melbourne (or Adelaide or Perth)

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
having a chat with some locals and the topic of footy (the local term for AFL) comes up. As happens, various opinions about who was best team, etc and I was asked which team I supported. "Not really interested in Aussie Rules, more a rugby man".

"Rugby! How obscure!"

SMH :)

I wonder if these folk view other sports as obscure:
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Paule23

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Nothing obscure about a bit of cheese chasing in my book.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Nothing obscure about a bit of cheese chasing in my book.

Its a bloody dangerous sport too... I've heard of people getting seriously injured chasing cheese.. . no, seriously, broken legs and broken arms and the like

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-competition-winner-doesnt-like-stuff.html

► Several runners were injured during the annual Gloucestershire event where participants try to catch a cheese
► One man suffered a dislocated shoulder, a woman broke her ankle and another man broke his collarbone
► Event has been staged since the 1800s but since 2009 it's been held unofficially because of rising insurance costs

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I tried this cheese rolling at home. Not as exciting as I expected :(

187899.jpg

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
Its a bloody dangerous sport too... I've heard of people getting seriously injured chasing cheese.. . no, seriously, broken legs and broken arms and the like

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-competition-winner-doesnt-like-stuff.html

► Several runners were injured during the annual Gloucestershire event where participants try to catch a cheese
► One man suffered a dislocated shoulder, a woman broke her ankle and another man broke his collarbone
► Event has been staged since the 1800s but since 2009 it's been held unofficially because of rising insurance costs

if it's in the daily mail, it's a lie. even true things, once printed in the daily mail, become lies.