Overpronator's Boots?

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Or could youtube the stretches and save yourself £40 :biggrin: No evidence base that stretching devices to a particularly better job than normal deep held stretching

True, but I personally found the nifty device gets me efficiently into the stretch the same every time and helps me maintain form. And for some bizarre reason it helps me get up of my butt and do the stretches....probably because I paid $80 for it and so want some ROI!

Owen Bisto Taylor

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Well to make sure the whole triceps surae (yes, I will get a 2:1) do it with your knee flexed and extended pal! And hold for 30 secs

liversedge

Getting to know the game
Post Likes
After 2 years of PT, strengthening and stretching I have now pretty much solved my achilles strains, but continue to protect them by;

1. deep heat, light run and full stretching regime before match.
2. always keep training top and bottoms on to keep warm until 5 mins before kickoff
3. often wear heel lifts in boots (esp when on soft ground)
4. often wear ankle supports (esp when on uneven ground)
5. try to keep moving and warm during stops in play (injuries and half time)

And one thing I was doing when I was still strengthening was;
1. avoid sprinting when cold from standing start -- but sometimes difficult as it is instinctive and need to keep up with play
2. run during the week on flat ground in running shoes
3. regular stretching through the week to improve flexibility
4. flex the ankles by standing on one foot, hopping etc (worked well on tube/train when trying to keep balance)

Lastly,
1. I lost 2 stone in weight which reduced the strain on my ankles and knees massively !