Peter Allan - Ospreys -v- Munster

Donaldo01

Referees in Ireland
Post Likes
Munster were truly awful in this match. I don't think Peter Allen had a very good game either. I've picked two examples and would be interested in views:

1. How was Gough (No. 4 ) not pinged at the 2nd ruck (about 8s in)?

2) What was going on here? He signals a knock-on but then goes upstairs ..... has the protocol changed? I agree with Conor O'Shea in commentary that the right result was achieved but how!

Cheers,

D

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
I can only imagine in the second clip he's been told by his AR that it wasn't a knock on, in this case he is correct in law to change his decision.

As for the first, yeah, I see your point. Not good.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
For some reason his hand goes up in the air before Gough's imaginative entry.

Toby Warren

Referees in England
Post Likes
OB - I think it's '1st man in' (therefore allowed to keep hand on assuming it was before the ruck etc etc etc)

Donaldo01

Referees in Ireland
Post Likes
For some reason his hand goes up in the air before Gough's imaginative entry.

Yes. His signaling throughout the game was awful - When I saw the clip in real time and live I was sure he was penalizing Gough for the side entry and was then stumped!

Donaldo01

Referees in Ireland
Post Likes
I can only imagine in the second clip he's been told by his AR that it wasn't a knock on, in this case he is correct in law to change his decision.

Hmmm. He didn't have that conversation with the AR from what I could see - he just asked "Did you see the grounding?" I'll have another look later and maybe post a longer clip.

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
Hmmm. He didn't have that conversation with the AR from what I could see - he just asked "Did you see the grounding?" I'll have another look later and maybe post a longer clip.

Remember not all comms are on TV feeds, the ref's mic yes, but AR to ref feed normally isn't.