Poking the bear...

Jarrod Burton

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
John Eales poking bears with a short stick. The last line of the article is great!

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/spor...ian-born-all-blacks-fans-are-worse-than-isis/

By the way, I've got one a work - grand mother was from the South Island - for three months while enroute to Australia. And under the "rules" laid out in the piece, I should be an All Black supporter as I'm a (unconfirmed but likely) descendant of the Maori convicts transported to Aus and ended up down here.

Last edited:

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I'd want several DNA tests done before ever being branded an AB supporter.

By the way,

Q: what is so unusual about this photo?

images.jpg

A: it's Richie .... coming through the gate and on his feet :)

Last edited:

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

You have DNA? Really?

Q: what is so unusual about this photo?

By the way,

attachment.php

A: it's Richie .... coming through the gate and on his feet :)

As always. He never cheats

Meanwhile here is Pocock in his usual position...

Pocock.jpg

...off his feet with his hands on the ball :pepper:

The Fuji rep arrived for a sales visit he other day to demonstrate their latest professional digital SLR camera brought out specially for Rugby World Cup 2015. It has the fastest shutter speed of any digital camera on the market, 1/10000th of a second. The rep proudly exclaimed..."this is a shutter speed is so fast that it can actually capture a photo of an Australian with his mouth shut!"

Jarrod Burton

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

I love the country (NZ) but a Wallabies supporter through and through.

Having said that I love NZ, I've only been to the South Island, the locals there and the ex- northern islanders here tell me that once you've gone to Auckland, you'd change your mind. I'll just have to find out for myself when I'm over for the sevens some time soon.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I love the country (NZ) but a Wallabies supporter through and through.

Having said that I love NZ, I've only been to the South Island, the locals there and the ex- northern islanders here tell me that once you've gone to Auckland, you'd change your mind. I'll just have to find out for myself when I'm over for the sevens some time soon.

Wellington? They've got a cable car. And it rains. And it is windy. But they've got a cable car.

Jarrod Burton

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Wellington? They've got a cable car. And it rains. And it is windy. But they've got a cable car.

I wonder if they went through all the crap that we are going through down here about getting a cable car up Mt Wellington. People are saying that it would permanently scar the mountain, somewhat like the existing road I would have thought and thats just been heritage listed!

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I wonder if they went through all the crap that we are going through down here about getting a cable car up Mt Wellington. People are saying that it would permanently scar the mountain, somewhat like the existing road I would have thought and thats just been heritage listed!

I doubt it. The Wellingon cable car was first proposed in 1898, construction was started in 1899 and the line opened in 1902. That was before anyone had ever heard of "resource consent" or "building permit" or "envoronmental impact report".

Environmental"
probably wasn't even a word yet!!

Paule23

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Love the McCaw and Pocock jokes.

Great players who play to the extent of the law, I love seeing them at work and wish England had someone as effective. It's up to the referee to interpret the legality of their actions and it seems in the vast majority of cases they are just being very, very good at what they do.

Great jokes though!

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Love the McCaw and Pocock jokes.

I thought the Pocock joke was a bit derivative.

The MCaw one? Farking hilarious (although dates to 2014)

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
John Eales poking bears with a short stick. The last line of the article is great!

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/spor...ian-born-all-blacks-fans-are-worse-than-isis/

By the way, I've got one a work - grand mother was from the South Island - for three months while enroute to Australia. And under the "rules" laid out in the piece, I should be an All Black supporter as I'm a (unconfirmed but likely) descendant of the Maori convicts transported to Aus and ended up down here.

Glad my first reaction was correct.
http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...h-fake-quotes/ar-BBmBDJc?li=AAabC8j&ocid=iehp