Pro Womens - Covid laws

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Been watching a few games. Interesting when scrums are and are not given. Offside at a kick is now penalty or free kick rather than scrum option? Or should the scrum option still be there? On the one occasion I have seen the scrum option at position of kick was offered.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
There shouldn’t be a scrum option at a pen of free kick no

Balones

Post Likes
There shouldn’t be a scrum option at a pen of free kick no

I was referring to the offside at kick situation and not simply penalty or free kick award where the instruction is clear. A scrum is still an option at the offside/interference/ball lands etc.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Ah, ok, yes that probably is still a scrum option as it’s unusual. I was at the DMP Sharks game today and there were 4 scrums, a held up, a stop for injury, and a reset that I recall. 1st scrum was in second half, wheeled and ended in a PT - harsh I thought but hey ho.

Balones

Post Likes
How were you able to watch the match live? There has been very tight security at the other games preventing everyone apart from players, coaches etc, and match officials getting close.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
It’s my club, needed a couple of volunteers on the day pre-match documenting temp checks, stewarding the different zones (who can go where etc). Was a good insight into what’s required, and answer is a lot of work :-(

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I’m on Hi-Viz duties at the DMP vs Worcester game tomorrow (the behind the scenes is like a military operation Green, Amber and Red Zones with ID Cards that tell you which ones you can go in!), the ref is our county RDO so if I get a chance I’ll ask him for any details

Well he wouldn't tell me so good luck with that! :)

As Balones said above, all he had when I asked him was the same stuff crossref posted.

I assume as they (referees and others) review their matches they may come to some consensus that when scenario a) occurs we do this etc etc

Dunno.

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
i don't understand why grass-roots rugby can't restart using the same variations.

AIUI the elite women have no special testing regime or anything like that to enable them to play those variations.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Having gone through the health and safety / risk policy / temp testing and segregation process for Prem 15s on Saturday I can see lots of reasons why, and none related to what happens on pitch. However, this may have been just Prem 15s, but if similar were expected on the back pitches for our 2s it would be a manpower and process nightmare, it just wouldn’t happen ��