Protocol awarding PT

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
No, that's not what I said, that's you putting words in my mouth to suit your narrative - see my my earlier point :-(

There are multiple ways of communicating, speaking is a key one - there's nowhere in the law book that says we have to verbalise our decisions, the official signals are visual. But if you give a penalty for not rolling you would verbalise it no? Colour, number etc ... and then make the signal. Same here. Use the best method to achieve your goals, talk to the players, wave your arms about for the touchline.

OK but what do you reckon - would it be helpful to have a signal for a PT that you could give on the spot - without having to move away from the action ?

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Of all the challenges I have on pitch this isn’t one, no need to change it

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
because if he doesn't run off immediately, the attacking side are left with the impression that there isn't going to be a PT and then they are even more stoked about the foul play ?
What nonsense.

this is the point - awarding the PT is part of the conflict management. An important part, as when the attackers realise they have the try they are not so angry about the offence..
More nonsense.