Quick tap and pass to runner

Newcoach

Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I would agree "ball leaves hand", but just trying to understand what approach your ref last week was applying. Generally speaking, consider that game a one-off and keep going as you are.
Thanks for the feedback

RedCapRef

Getting to know the game
Post Likes
I would agree "ball leaves hand", but just trying to understand what approach your ref last week was applying. Generally speaking, consider that game a one-off and keep going as you are.
Might be worth clarifying with each ref how they interpret it before the game. Ask the question in such a way as to suggest that the answer is when it leaves the hands and you should have no problem.
"Sir, can I clarify that the pass is made when it leaves the hands?"

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
So nowadays that would still be illegal because of the pre-latching.

All blacks seemed to think 'yeah, we'll give you that one .... not really worth the bother when you're going to win by 50 points antyway

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
what made ,me laugh was the guy driving into it all way after everyone has crashed over and scored already!

number11

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
At junior level I try and speak with the opposition coaches before every game. It's a chance to clarify and agree upon the rules. If the ref is independent the I'd be pulling them in too.

Last edited: