[Line out] quickly taken lineout poll #4

do you as refree allow the lineout to be taken thus?

• Yes

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Team A kick ball into touch.

B's thrower has the ball at the line of touch. Two players from A and two from B take up positions each side of the line of touch - there is B player in the tramlines and no clear and obvious receiver for each side. Other potential/likely lineout participants are still meandering towards the line of touch, within the ten metres etc. There is chatter and directions being decided upon etc

B throws the ball in along the line of touch, further than 5 meters, down the middle etc, where it is caught by one of the two B players in position, passed to another B playert, who passes the ball away...

Do you allow the lineout thus taken quickly before everybody has settled down etc etc?

(there's another thread for debate - this is a nice clean poll :) )

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Can we have a poll also on the original scenario

If black got the ball in touch, you decide there are 2 players from each team at the line of touch so you call "lineout set" or however you let the teams know the QTI is no longer an option. Right after you call this the black player throws the ball in straight along the line of touch to the front receiver at 5.5m. Red was sauntering back assuming a more relaxed set up to the line out. They start crying that you had called of the QTI. Because the requirement for a QTI to be over is that a lineout has been set, Would it be appropriate to say that this was a quick line out not a quick throw in and that when a QTI is called off that simply removes the options of throwing in backwards or from behind the line of touch?

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
then open one like I did?

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Can we have a poll also on the original scenario

If black got the ball in touch, you decide there are 2 players from each team at the line of touch so you call "lineout set" or however you let the teams know the QTI is no longer an option. Right after you call this the black player throws the ball in straight along the line of touch to the front receiver at 5.5m. Red was sauntering back assuming a more relaxed set up to the line out. They start crying that you had called of the QTI. Because the requirement for a QTI to be over is that a lineout has been set, Would it be appropriate to say that this was a quick line out not a quick throw in and that when a QTI is called off that simply removes the options of throwing in backwards or from behind the line of touch?

though frankly I din;t see where this doesnt fit one of the four scenarios I described already?

* 2 x 2 + 2 x receiver + tramline
* 2 x 2 + 2 x receiver + NO tramline
* 2 x 2 + NO receivers + tramline
* 2 x 2 + NO receivers + NO tramline

hmmm... OK i didn;t xcrreate the other two -

* 2 x 2 + throwing receiver only + tramline
* 2 x 2 + defending receiver only + tramline

and I suppose those two with no rtamline either.

feel free to open polls for those

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Did you mean an A player in the tramlines for this question?

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
then open one like I did?

I can't work out how to do it :-(

My first attempt didn't give me options
My second attempt gave me harldy any space to write a question

The point is : the OP desribed an unstructred melee, had the ref saying no QTI, and then a throw
All four of your polls describe something at least close to lineout, and the ref saying nothng

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
start a new post/thread.

fill in the subject and the text.

In the option towards the bottom is a box to tick for a poll with number of options to poll onm. enter 2. Tick it. click "go" or whatever it is.

A new window will open for you. Then you piut the actual pool question (yes, I know..) then the two options to vote on and "go" or "finish" or whatver. voila