Referees in England
Post Likes
replaced with attachment

Last edited:

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
Never had this level of detail before!!

Really? You got to level 7 without getting the full analysis. These forms are great and I always learned more from the statistics than the spiel; much easier to spot trends that you may have missed on the pitch and can work on in future.

Sounds like you had a good game though:)

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
This is the standard Group Assessment format, often used for Federation too, and development referees pushing for promotion.

Advantage - well done, excellent

Scrum resets are an issue you need to deal with - 8/26 is far too high at L7

1/30 repeat "in at side of ruck" for A- warning or even YC for next =- 2/59 finally warned both skippers - TOO LATE.

YC came at 1/37 and 2/52 - well done.

My feeling is that with 17 PK you may have been using too much preventatives, and I would look to see non-compliances records as evidence. No PKs in Q4 - very unusual but it was one way traffic !

Big hint in the report re your signals - you are on a stage, so use big slow consistent signals, both primary & secondary. This report indicates you have work to do, with half of secondaries absent. This will hold you down at L7.

To challenge for L6 there are a lot of minor and some major issues you need to get sorted urgently. The transition to refereeing from a high level of play is difficult and your report is very typical of someone of your playing experience and limited refereeing time (3 seasons). The higher you get communication by signals and verbally become the key to your success.

The assessor has given you some very good development items to work on, which added to your natural abilty and progress so far, indicates high potential once you get them sorted. Good luck.

The speed around pitch comments worry me as at L6 and then L5 if you progress that far, it will highlight this issue or even prevent promotion to those levels.

I am a Group L5 assessor.

PeterH

Referees in England
Post Likes
Thanks guys

Simon
"My feeling is that with 17 PK you may have been using too much preventatives, and I would look to see non-compliances records as evidence."

Could you explain - sorry - but I am not picking that one up...

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Do the match stats come with a key?

The lists of numbers and letters leave me baffled.

Am I the only one?

PeterH

Referees in England
Post Likes
how do I post word docs - may be easier to follow...

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes

Am I the only one?

No it's just you you thick git :wow:

STOPPAGES
Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Totals
Scrum Engagements - 8 5 7 6 26

so 8 scrums in the Q1, 5 in Q2... 26 in total

Reset/Collapse/Turnover 1R 2R 2R 3R 8R

1R in Q1, 2 in Q2 and 8 in total

Line-outs 9 7 9 5 30

9 in Q1, 7 in Q2...

Penalties 3 7 5 2 17
3 in Q1, 7 in Q2..17 in total (interestingly the home team seemed to offend more in Q1)

Next bit tells you what the penalties are for

Time T/PT/C/
PG/DG XXX YYY Score
0 - 0
5 T 5 5 0
6 C 2 7 0
9 P -
17 T 5 12 0
17 C 2 14 0
21 T 5 19 0
21 C 0
26 T 5 24 0
27 C -
34 T 5 29 0
35 C -
38 T 5 34 0
39 C 2 36 0
40+ T 5 41 0
40+ C -
HT 41 0

scoring patterns

5 T 5 5 0

5 mins in a try is scored 5-0

6 C 2 7 0

conversion is added 7-0

9 P -

9 mins, penalty missed

17 T 5 12 0

17 mins in try scored (5+12)-0

It's the formatting that fooks this all up as the form is much clearer.

Simon, great analysis. I'm going to look back over my recent assessments with those eyes on:)

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Thanks PeterH for posting that report - It almost mirror reflects the issues I was assessed as having in my recent game (Junior game) - but your report has added assistance and advice of ways to fix ithem. I got similar advice but it was all verbal at each quarter break - so at the end of a quick game with 10 million points on what I need to do better - it sort of went in one ear and out the other. I will be using advice in your report to fix my same issues. cheers cheers cheers.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes

Am I the only one?

The report is a Word Doc (hence difficult to read here as Peter posted it), plus we attended an RFU course when it came in to learn how to collect evidence (which is done a minute x minute form) and then write the report - usally takes me 2 hours to do my L5 reports.

We had to watch a match on DVD, collect evidence, then write a draft - which was them compared and discussed around the delegates.

The big thing at L5 is the non-compliances (which are not listed on Peter's posting, and are a separate sheet in L5 Group reports) - we list what we saw that the ref missed, or didn't penalise that had a material impact in the match (e.g. offside in mid-field that closes own space; side entry at maul that stopped it going forward; etc).

Thanks guys

Simon
"My feeling is that with 17 PK you may have been using too much preventatives, and I would look to see non-compliances records as evidence."

Could you explain - sorry - but I am not picking that one up...

see above re non-compliance evidence sheet. My comment was a gut feeling, as I didn't see the match.

PeterH

Referees in England
Post Likes
Hopefully- with attachments

No Simon - that explains it

i didnt get a non-compliance form

Attachments

• 100313 Peter Houghton Stats v1 clean.doc
    125.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

PeterH

Referees in England