Referee Shirt

6wfacer

Referees in England
Post Likes
Hi all,

Apologies if this question has been asked recently, however I'm new to this website and forum. In November I completed the Level 2 Refereeing the 15-a-side game course, and I am set to referee my first club game in the next couple of weeks.

I am trying to organise some referees shirts, and am currently looking at getting some blank, one coloured Puma or Canterbury Rugby Shirts. However I was wondering do the RFU have shirts designed for people who have completed the above course?

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
They used to do an ELRA (the course before the current one) shirt, that you could buy from the RFU. The details were on the course paperwork. I don't think they do this any more. I will try to find out, but not sure how long that will take.

Phil

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Where are you refereeing buddy?

6wfacer

Referees in England
Post Likes
I'm going to start refereeing at my home club Hertford RFC. Basically on my course I was told to get a number of club friendlies under my belt before applying to join a society (with my location my options are either Herts Refs or London Refs)

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Why were you told that? Personally I'd join earlier, unless they gave you a decent reason?

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
I'm going to start refereeing at my home club Hertford RFC. Basically on my course I was told to get a number of club friendlies under my belt before applying to join a society (with my location my options are either Herts Refs or London Refs)

I agree with Jonesp92 , join your society asap, the sooner you get assessed ( read... helped guided) by experienced referees the better.

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Pm me your address buddy. I will send you some.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Definitely join you local society. There will probably be someone assigned to deal with new referees.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Good luck with that........
I don't know the set-up at Herts or London, but in my Society we have an Induction Officer who runs a half hour session for novice referees before the main monthly meeting and watches their first games.

Taffy

Referees in England
Post Likes
6wfacer,

if I can be of any help let me know. If you want a chat before hand about stuff you need to do, then feel free to PM me and I'll respond soonest.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I don't know the set-up at Herts or London, but in my Society we have an Induction Officer who runs a half hour session for novice referees before the main monthly meeting and watches their first games.

so do we. Or so does my region, I assume the other regions are the same.
I would say the same as the others, join straight away. They'll likely come and watch a club game (at your club or one they find for you) in order to sign you in.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
so do we. Or so does my region, I assume the other regions are the same.
I would say the same as the others, join straight away. They'll likely come and watch a club game (at your club or one they find for you) in order to sign you in.

We operate in the same way - some referees are advised to do club matches as well as carefully selected Society appointments to get an assessment and initial grading. We have two highly experienced observers who watch (at'their request) new post ELRA a (now starter level 2 referee course).
Each new member who is post course is reviewed in their playing experience, club reffing experience, course trainer feedback,metc and watched and mentored in first few matches.
In some cases we advise the new referee does mostly club match appointments to start with, but in most cases they do regular Society matches at the lower Merit Table levels, get confident, set out their first PDP and develop. A few may go through the first few grade levels quickly if they demonstrate special ability and potential, and do two or three matches per week but that is unusual.

PS just so no one is confused the London Society has four regions as it is so big. That is what crossref refers to not the RFU's four Divisonal Regions of South East, South West, Midlands and North.

Last edited: