Referee Watch

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
how did you free them up? as that's the problem I now have - working battery, but jammed buttons.

Ahem. Now you've caught me out :redface:. I don't know. I'll ask Mrs LLP - she picked it up and did it after I threw it in my bag with loud "f*ck!"

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
how did you free them up? as that's the problem I now have - working battery, but jammed buttons.

Is that your watch or your wife? If you figure it out...can you let us all know.

peperami

Getting to know the game
Post Likes
http://www.casio.com/products/Watches/Sports/RFT100-1V/

the casio website lets you download manuals so you can check exactly what the functions are

I like the RFT100 for the buzzer option.

The only downside is that the countdown timer only has certain preset options 45min, 40 min, 35min etc. At a sevens tournament last year we played 7min halves and the Casio won't let you start the countdown timer at 7mins. So I had to use my back up watch.

Crossref, use the stop watch it allows you to specify a target time which counts up to it and gives you running and stopped time. Nice and easy for changing for Youth games and Sevens and Adult.

JJ10

Referees in England
Post Likes
Sadly I can't seem to get hold of a RFT100 for love nor money in the UK or US. Sad times. The timex looks huge.

My current 8 quid Casio only counts up, which does a job, and has never failed me, but a countdown one would be nice....