Ref's tour

PeterH

Referees in England
Post Likes
I have been asked by a few mad fools at Liverpool if we (i.e. me) could organise a summer/end of season tour to somewhere warm in southern France or Italy (Spain/Portugal)...
Thinking easyjettable - cheap digs
Will be a mixed group - L9-L4 maybe half a dozen of us - looking to get 1 game each with a couple of nights and back home

Meet a few clubs/refs over there and maybe set up a regular "thing"...

Anyone any advice?
Anyone done this?

(I know we need clearance and all that) Advice re: practicalities?

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
Essex refs society used to go on tour to the Marbella vets tournament every season (with half a dozen players from my club). might be worth speaking to Alan Gold (mail address easily googlabe) to see if he can get a few?

that's a playing tour rather than a reffing one though...

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
Find a tournament and apply to ref it. Most countries love English ref involvement.

Best way to do that is to email the relevant unions in countries you are interested in - they should have a list of the tournaments in the country.

Or see where the rugby tour operators are taking people.....

Adam

Referees in England
Post Likes
I have been asked by a few mad fools at Liverpool if we (i.e. me) could organise a summer/end of season tour to somewhere warm in southern France or Italy (Spain/Portugal)...
Thinking easyjettable - cheap digs
Will be a mixed group - L9-L4 maybe half a dozen of us - looking to get 1 game each with a couple of nights and back home

Meet a few clubs/refs over there and maybe set up a regular "thing"...

Anyone any advice?
Anyone done this?

(I know we need clearance and all that) Advice re: practicalities?

I went to Marseille and refereed an U15 two day tournament on the last weekend in May last year. Manchester FC took a team over, and the French teams were from places such as Toulon, Toulouse, North Selection, Biarritz, etc. I'm not sure how many referees they could accommodate but PM me for contact details if interested.