Rfu - emc

VM75

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
RFU - Electronic Match Card 'extended' roll out
newthread.php
Electronic Match Card (EMC) will be extended to level eight within the men’s league structure and to National Challenge 1 within the women’s league structure.
This will result in an additional 518 clubs and additional 5000+ matches captured via EMC.
The level of detail required will be the same as currently required at levels five and six i.e. team line-ups and result.

<tbody>
</tbody>
Would anyone running out at Levels 5/6 care to share 'nuts & bolts' of how this operates to those who have run out at 7/8 thus far?

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
After game,logon to RFU site and enter info. That’s about it really.
The ref has to enter his/her code to validate the input.
Can see a bit of a hold up at some clubs if there is no internet.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
You have to fill in the team names by selecting players from those registered on the GMS ie you cannot select unregistered players. This saves a lot of work checking registrations at the DOC. It is done before the match so the referee can see the regulations have been complied with.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
... except when unregistered Fred Bloggs is listed being Geoff Smithins who is registered and has only played occassional third XV and the ref knowns neither.

Yes - that potentially opens all sorts of cans of worms if its ever found out (especially if Fred/Geoff gets RCd!)... but lets not believe it doesn't ever happen.

didds

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
... except when unregistered Fred Bloggs is listed being Geoff Smithins who is registered and has only played occassional third XV and the ref knowns neither.

Yes - that potentially opens all sorts of cans of worms if its ever found out (especially if Fred/Geoff gets RCd!)... but lets not believe it doesn't ever happen.

didds
That happened locally in a cup game a few years ago. The player got sent off, but had the good sense to give his real name, not the one on the team sheet. IIRC his team lost anyway.

The EMC system is, in that respect, no worse than the current one.

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
It's a game management system, not a fraud prevention system :)

We have an electronic match sheet system for all levels in the Netherlands, it's useful for many reasons - click through the first rowers just before the match so you know who to expect in the scrum, it tracks which recreational players have used up their allotted matches per season, if you accidentally assign the wrong scores to the wrong teams* you can correct it on your phone in 10 seconds after the coach calls you, a complete record of all your games in one place, etc...

*Purely theoretical, as I would never make such a mistake

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
if you accidentally assign the wrong scores to the wrong teams* you can correct it on your phone in 10 seconds after the coach calls you, a complete record of all your games in one place, etc...

*Purely theoretical, as I would never make such a mistake

Has this happened to a *cough* friend of yours Rich? ;-)

didds

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
I've heard whispered tales of such incompetence, but personally I'm not inclined to gossip ;)