RFU Image of the Game Questionaire

chopper15

Learned Terrace Ref
Post Likes
Question 6
Are there are any actions, issues or solutions you think the task group should consider in its attempt to rebuild the image of the game?

Anyone like to share their views?

Personally I still think the game has a pretty good image.:hap:

baftabill

Post Likes
I think they are doing the right thing.
Let blood. Deal with the cr*p.
Move on.
The game is strong.

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
Question 6
Are there are any actions, issues or solutions you think the task group should consider in its attempt to rebuild the image of the game?

Personally I still think the game has a pretty good image.:hap:

what I wrote

The recent events are isolated. The laws of the game are sound for the vast majority of events but can be manipulated to an extent that sanctioned cheating is allowed (although some might say this is just clever use of the laws). The control of pre-match affairs is beyond the remit of the ref and should be a matter of pride to the team(s). We need to get back to "rugby being the winner" where the team that played the best rugby won, not the team that manipulated the laws most successfully.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Question 6

Stop Yappies being able to kick penalty goals from their own 22

upnunder

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
my view was to introduce Rolling substitutions, as in Rugby league.
A playing squad of 23, with 3 FR replacements would encourage more players to be trained to play all 3 FR positions, as they would have maximum impact from the bench.
Rolling subs would stop any type of "manipulation" of laws regarding replacements.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I have completed the survey and asked our WebMaster to put the link on our web site.

Suggested RFU get collective finger out of b*m and reduce level of elitism (in playing and admin) in the Game, and give it back to grassroots again.

SBCornwall

Referees in England
Post Likes
Simon, I think you've hit it on the head. Although I think the way they handle incidents like this and allow the rugby loving public to have their view is a credit which other NGOs would do well to follow.