RFU u13-u18 variations

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
At my society meeting, the u13-18s regs were discussed with confusion around the wheeling /possession/next feed being quite evident.

Society trainer ' insisted' that same team rethrows the ball back in at next scrum even when its been hooked against the head, despite my and one other person attempting to direct/convince otherwise ( thks mainly to crossrefs guidance on another thread) but our CBST was dogmatic & having none of it..... And is now heading off to RFU to get them to remove the variation!..... Ooopps ( egg standing by)

The catalyst to the confusion was the wording "No Turnover Law" .....( same as expressed here prev)

Based on that evidence, this subject may run for a little while yet ....... Forearmed is forewarned.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
our CBST was dogmatic & having none of it..... And is now heading off to RFU to get them to remove the variation!..... Ooopps ( egg standing by)

Well that's a lot of progress :clap: as
- the CBST agrees with you and me as to the meaning of the variation
- and that if the RFU want to revert to the IRB Law, then the variation needs to be rescinded.

My guess is still that the variation was intentional, otherwise they would have written nothing at all.

I still think it's very amusing how many people won't beleive what's written in the Law unless they have also had a secert email about it. The secret email culture is very ingrained.

Did you also talk about the changed Laws on YC ? So far as I can tell that took everyone in LSRFUR by surprise, as well.

Last edited:

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I still think it's very amusing how many people won't beleive what's written in the Law unless they have also had a secert email about it.

It's not a Law, it's a regulation.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I stand corrected, yes it is indeed a Regulation

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Well that's a lot of progress :clap: as
- the CBST agrees with you and me as to the meaning of the variation
- and that if the RFU want to revert to the IRB Law, then the variation needs to be rescinded.

My guess is still that the variation was intentional, otherwise they would have written nothing at all.

I still think it's very amusing how many people won't beleive what's written in the Law unless they have also had a secret email about it. The secret email culture is very ingrained.

Did you also talk about the changed Laws on YC ? So far as I can tell that took everyone in LSRFUR by surprise, as well.

I agree, varying the standard law makes sense to me though, why on earth would we want to reward tactical wheeling at u13 if the oppo have won the ball against the head !?!

I'd already flagged 5,6,7 mins variations AND "IRB - offside at ruck , guideline May 2014", the latter was news to & sneered at by our CBST.