Rugby Ready ref?

Paul_Hunt

Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
Hi there.

I am getting involved in coaching and obviously don't want to do additional entry-level courses. I'm ELRA III, will that have included the Rugby Ready course?

Cheers
Paul

Camquin

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
The Rugby Ready and the Laws Courses are now online tests with multiple guess questions either of which should take well under an hour to complete if you know your stuff - which you presumably do. You can refer to the training materials while taking the exam and you get a second go if you get things wrong.

You get a certificate that is good for a year which you present if you are going to attend any other RFU course and which you can show to your club.

http://www.irbrugbyready.com
laws.worldrugby.org

Camquin

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Be aware that in England Rugby Ready is also a 3 hour CPD style course and is a pre-requisite for any award courses. You will be expected to do the online IRB thing and bring the certificate from that, but it is in itself not sufficient for RFU purposes.

It deals with safety aspects of coaching rugby and typically covers tackle, scrum, contact areas etc.as well as injury reporting etc.

I wouldn't know if its included in an ELRA 1/2/3, but as its 3 hours in its own right I suspect not.

didds

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I remember my first referee exam. It was circa mid '70s and was a closed book exam and you had to be able to transcribe laws, word for word.

tim White

Referees in England
Post Likes
I remember my first referee exam. It was circa mid '70s and was a closed book exam and you had to be able to transcribe laws, word for word.

Onto a clay tablet????:holysheep: