Rugby Xplorer

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Now that the USA is switching from SportLomo to Xplorer, any seasoned users have any advice, tips, tricks?

I'll have three different "roles" within Xplorer (ref, local admin, regional admin), so I'd rather learn from others' mistakes/experiences.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
yeah, we use it here and I'm the local appointment guy for season 2022.

I find it pretty good and easy to use. One of my computers runs on Vista and it doesn't like that.

Once a ref completes SmartRugby in RX and registers with our Society, he/she appears and is ready to be appointed.

Obviously, like all databases, it requires accurate data and my biggest bugbear is referees forgetting to update their availability and/or being slow to accept or decline their appointment (ie notified on Monday then declining on Friday).

Jarrod Burton

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
yeah, we use it here and I'm the local appointment guy for season 2022.

I find it pretty good and easy to use. One of my computers runs on Vista and it doesn't like that.

Once a ref completes SmartRugby in RX and registers with our Society, he/she appears and is ready to be appointed.

Obviously, like all databases, it requires accurate data and my biggest bugbear is referees forgetting to update their availability and/or being slow to accept or decline their appointment (ie notified on Monday then declining on Friday).
I only use it as a Referee but I've had a constant string of issues with it not recording unavailability and then not sending appointment declines back to our appointments guy.