RugbyFirst

tim White

Referees in England
Post Likes
Anybody played with the new RugbyFirst webpages yet?

I'd like to post our appointments by inserting our spreadsheet-in the short term anyway. As we get better we should be able to post them live on the web page-but how do I get the web page I want?:confused:

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Tim

You may wish to email me offline here or even discuss on the phone.
I have been involved with Rugby1st for 2 years as one of the pilot Societies. I am the European Systems Director of a Times 100 plc, so knw a little bit about such online systems.

That Hampshire Society has just a holding web page and still use our own 5 year old web site for day-to-day functions, still use our own Excel based appointments system (not the online RFU one which we tested), and that we still use our own Access membership database and not Rugby1st might indicate the route any discussions we have might take !

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
tim - I too have used the system quite a bit, being lumbered with the title "GRFU Champion". Like Simon T, I find it does not handle all our needs as well as our existing systems do, but some bits of it have proved very useful.

Our club registration officer is enthusiastic about the on-line player registration facility, and it was very easy to put up details of local cup competitions, which do not currently have their own webspace.

However it is not particularly good for refereeing appointments (we use Easyref) - it lacks the basic facility to record a referee's grade, for example.

I have raised a number of problems with them over the past 6 months or so, and have found them fairly responsive to errors in the system, but requests for extra facilities (not surprisingly) take time.

Feel free to ask questions.

tim White

Referees in England
Post Likes
Good news chaps, the system can cope with pasting a spreadsheet into a new web page. This means we do not have to change anything except the way we distribute the information-certainly for the time being. I accept that being one of the smallest societies our appointments system is relatively simple and is done 'manually' rather than use one of the high tech management programmes.
The next hurdle is to let people know about it, I understand only two clubs in the county are actively using the system. If we start using it , they will have to follow to some extent.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Good luck Tim but don't hold your breath !

BTW Alan Jenkinson has settled in well in Hampshire and getting lots of decent matches.