Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Thanks Mike

Just downloading versions for Phone and Playbook. :biggrin:

The Blackberry phone app looks nice, although a little slow if you are not on Wi-Fi.

The Play book version is sexy as hell :clap:

The team section was very interesting. Seems England aren't the only team with a predominantly black second kit. Wales, Argentina and Canada also have them.

Oh, and I don't need a wall planner anymore :biggrin: It's all on my playbook.

Last edited:

stuart3826

Referees in England
Post Likes
Well, because I have a crappy iphone 8GB, it's incompatible with my phone. Bollocks, say I. And Phil, Argentina's second kit is navy blue. They wore it at Sixways last night, so the Warriors wore their away kit. Light blue/White hoops.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I'm having trouble getting it on my Nokia 6300.:cool:

Mike Whittaker

Referees in England
Post Likes
Well had a little dabble on my Android 2.2 phone and it looks quite neat. Certainly all I would want to carry around, I think...

chopper15

Learned Terrace Ref
Post Likes
Just down-loaded to my IPad. Seems to work well.:hap:

Skids

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 10
The Windows link is broken. :(

Mike Whittaker

Referees in England
Post Likes
The Windows link is broken. :(

Good grief man! What is the matter with you? Is this the sort of defeatism we expect from a fighter pilot at the cutting edge of technology?? Will expect you to have the matter resolved within the hour!

voice of reason

Post Likes
I have an iphone 3G - and it wont download - Effing useless mofos - my phone is only just over a year old and these c&%$ cant develop something that works on more than 2 iphone versions. Utterly hopeless and pointless. I find it infuriating that someone must have made a conscious decision NOT to make the app work on the earlier version. - //Rant over ! //

voice of reason

Post Likes
Well actually Rant is not over - I go to the Itunes site to check for other versions of the same or similar thing and guess what...,, - Apple tells me I have to upgrade to itunes 10 to view the options - christ I only just upgraded to version 9 a couple of month ago. Arrrggggghhhh - I need a lie down !

Skids

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 10
Good grief man! What is the matter with you? Is this the sort of defeatism we expect from a fighter pilot at the cutting edge of technology?? Will expect you to have the matter resolved within the hour!

It's bloody Wondoze 7 too.....I'm still on 6.5. :mad:

Mike Whittaker

Referees in England
Post Likes
Well actually Rant is not over - I go to the Itunes site to check for other versions of the same or similar thing and guess what...,, - Apple tells me I have to upgrade to itunes 10 to view the options - christ I only just upgraded to version 9 a couple of month ago. Arrrggggghhhh - I need a lie down !

Think you have to update iTunes about once a month! or so it seems. Always trying to get you to download something extra by mistake. But without it.... no music! Maybe it will change with Job's retiring, I don't think!

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
... I go to the Itunes site to check for other versions of the same or similar thing and guess what...,, - Apple tells me I have to upgrade to itunes 10 to view the options - christ I only just upgraded to version 9 a couple of month ago. Arrrggggghhhh - I need a lie down !

Think you have to update iTunes about once a month! or so it seems.
But updating iTunes is free anyway and only takes seconds.

Why wouldn't anyone update it as soon as the latest version is out?

voice of reason

Post Likes
Because invariably it is 100mb bigger, then it adds another startup process to your registry without you knowing, adds new versions of DLL files that then cause conflicts with other previously good applications, suggests changes to default application associations with media / sound file types, asks you to re-register, and finally then I-Tunes pretends to help you by suggesting that maybe you would like to download Jennifer Warnes songs because you bought a Joe Cocker song. - wot me cynical ? - never

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

He's used to having an FAC guide him in :biggrin:

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
Because invariably it is 100mb bigger, then it adds another startup process to your registry without you knowing, adds new versions of DLL files that then cause conflicts with other previously good applications, suggests changes to default application associations with media / sound file types, asks you to re-register, and finally then I-Tunes pretends to help you by suggesting that maybe you would like to download Jennifer Warnes songs because you bought a Joe Cocker song. - wot me cynical ? - never

This made me chuckle!