RWC QF Cardiff - accommodation

AlanT

Referees in England
Post Likes
Any ideas for accommodation for 2 around this match, please?

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Go to pub
Get drunk
Fall in gutter
Accommodation sorted!

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
I'm always amazed that the rugby world doesn't organise camp sites like they do in the football world.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Plenty of city centre hotels such as Premier Inn or Travelodge. For a cheaper option, if you can be very sure of the timing, Cardiff prison is about 500 yards from the stadium.

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Plenty of city centre hotels such as Premier Inn or Travelodge.

Yeah I'm sure they won't have bumped the price up tooooooooo much!

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Plenty of city centre hotels such as Premier Inn or Travelodge. For a cheaper option, if you can be very sure of the timing, Cardiff prison is about 500 yards from the stadium.
I picked the 17th October as one of the Qtr Final dates. See HERE. Not one available room on the Travel Lodge website. :frown:

I think I will be working as a volunteer at Cardiff for all the Millennium Stadium games (haven't had an e-mail confirming anything yet) and there are 3 groups of 2 games, so ... either

1. I will put the back seats of the X-Trail down, pack my sleeping bag and kip in the back or
  2. During the training days, perhaps we could buddy up with another volunteer who lives in the city.
Driving 1hr 15 mins home after what I expect to be a looong hard day, having a kip and repeating it the next day doesn't appeal. I do have a niece who lets out a property on the edge of Cardiff, but it will probably be occupied by October.

could it possibly be to do with the fact that the football WC is in June/July, while the RWC is in October ?
Probably, but I'd like to be given the choice. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3

Morel like 800 / 900 yards. But it does have a very highly rated eatery.

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Contact the local referee society. Maybe one of the Cardiff refs (they're not all wierd) may have a spare room.

KieranW

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
In the past I've stayed in Swansea and got the short train to cardiff, it was a small independant place and not far from the station. Would probably be cheaper and not too far away at all!

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
theres a train line runs north out of cardiff up towards merthyr - it runs though pojntypridd and treforest for example. B&B in somewhere like Ponty which is 20 minutes by train from cardiff?

didds (whose son is at uni fo south wales at Ponty/Treforest )