RWC QF predictions

Aphrodite007

Referees in England
Post Likes
For what it's worth - I think these will be the four main referees for the knockout stages and then they'll choose SF/final referees from that quartet, depending on teams knocked out and referee performances in QFs.

ENG: AUS
R: Peyper
TJs: Williams, O’Keeffe
TMO: Jonker

NZL:IRE
R: Owens
TJs: Berry, Raynal
TMO: Hughes

WAL:FRA
R: Barnes
TJ: Pearce, Gardner
TMO: Kitt

JPN:RSA
R: Garces
TJs: Poite, Gauzere
TMO: Skeen

damo

Referees in New Zealand
Post Likes
Looks about right.

I would have Gardiner in favour of Garces.

I would not give Ben Skeen a TMO gig.

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
For what it's worth - I think these will be the four main referees for the knockout stages and then they'll choose SF/final referees from that quartet, depending on teams knocked out and referee performances in QFs.

ENG: AUS
R: Peyper
TJs: Williams, O’Keeffe
TMO: Jonker

NZL:IRE
R: Owens
TJs: Berry, Raynal
TMO: Hughes

WAL:FRA
R: Barnes
TJ: Pearce, Gardner
TMO: Kitt

JPN:RSA
R: Garces
TJs: Poite, Gauzere
TMO: Skeen

So none of the ARs are considered to have done a good enough job to be considered for an AR role?

Aphrodite007

Referees in England
Post Likes
At the last few tournaments the ARs all go home after the pool stage - I would be surprised if it was any different here.

I also think one of the impressive up and comers (O'Keeffe, Berry) will get the 3rd place game.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
At the last few tournaments the ARs all go home after the pool stage - I would be surprised if it was any different here.

I also think one of the impressive up and comers (O'Keeffe, Berry) will get the 3rd place game.

It's a nice idea - but last time the four refs with the QF did the following four games as well, I think.

Aphrodite007

Referees in England
Post Likes
It's a nice idea - but last time the four refs with the QF did the following four games as well, I think.

Three of the four did the SFs/final (Barnes, Owens, Garces) but John Lacey did the 3rd place game

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
You are correct

Was that because Joubert got dropped though ..