RWC - Tackled player not releasing.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
The LotG state that when a ball carrier is brought to ground by a tackler he must release the ball prior to getting up and carrying on.

I am getting fed up of the number of times where a tackle is made - both players go to ground - the tackler releases & the tackled player scrambles on with impunity. :mad:

& don't get me started on BL :mad::mad:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I gave two penalties for that this morning. One against each team.
It's an unintended consequence of the focus last season of tacklers releasing

AiseaT39

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
How about the player who's already down after the tackle, then he decides to move again or position his body on the other side to make the ball available to his team mates? How about the fetchers who brace with their knees & elbows on the players on the ground?

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
How about the player who's already down after the tackle, then he decides to move again or position his body on the other side to make the ball available to his team mates?
OK if he does it very immediately

How about the fetchers who brace with their knees & elbows on the players on the ground?
not OK, players have to remain on their feet

Mike Whittaker

Referees in England
Post Likes
Used to say of a tackled player, "Ball over body - ok; Body over ball - penalty"

Certainly now the tackler seems to have less time than ever and the tackled player ever more...

2lxxft4.gif