[RWC]. Who will win the RWC 2015?

Who will win the RWC this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Only 5 teams have ever made it to the final.
:nz:
:aus:
:rsa: (must do some'th about that flag!)
:eng:
&
:france:

Add to them :wales: and :arg: who have made it to the semi final.

Or perhaps, like myself you feel it's time for some new blood in the ranks of World Champions ; :ireland:

Last edited:

L'irlandais

Post Likes
Scotland made the semis in 91
how right you are, teach me to base my post on a French newspaper article.
http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/coupe-du-monde/

At the same time, I strongly feel Ireland stand a better chance of reaching the quarter finals, than Scotland does, just now (with 2 games played). Forgive me mr. burns for saying so.:redface:

Ricardowensleydale,
the rankings change after each game : http://www.worldrugby.org/rankings

that Wales are currently second, doesn't mean their squad are capable of going all the way to the final.

Last edited:

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
I fancy we'll finish second in the group. Currently top with two bonus point wins.

What's your math for us finishing third?

L'irlandais

Post Likes
Realism?
South Africa will beat Scotland.
Samoa are more than capable of doing so too.

Simple.

L'irlandais

Post Likes
RS Africa have the best overall win rate in Rugby World Cup history: the Springboks have won 25 of 29 matches (86.2 per cent). Vern Cotter is resting some players, which suggests he is targeting the Samoan game instead of this week-end's match. "Faint heart never won a fair Cup."

Last edited:

L'irlandais

Post Likes
Only 5 teams have ever made it to the final.
:nz:
:aus:
:rsa: (Mr. Burns, we really must do some'th about that flag!)
:eng:
&
:france:

Add to them:scot: (1991). :wales: (1987 +2011) and :arg: (2007) who have made it to the semi final.

Or perhaps, like myself you feel it's time for some new blood in the ranks of World Champions ; :ireland:
fix that for myself.

Last edited:

Ricardowensleydale

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
How many Northern Hemisphere teams will still be in the competition after this weekend?

L'irlandais

Post Likes
Over half of us were plain wrong, in spite of the fact NZ are clearly head and shoulders above the rest of the squads present.

Well done New Zealand. Looking forward to 2019 already.

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Just a shame it's in Japan. I hope they do a better job than their ill-fated 7s attempt.

Somehow I just don't see the NH jumping in a plane to be there? Crowds will be down. But Japan will not want to be embarrassed so undoubtedly their govt will make sure the funding is there to ensure success. Perhaps even pay for rent-a-crowd?
But I could be wrong...perhaps some of you NH lot could indicate if Japan is genuinely a place you'd want to go to see a RWC and be looking to attend?

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Somehow I just don't see the NH jumping in a plane to be there? Crowds will be down. But Japan will not want to be embarrassed so undoubtedly their govt will make sure the funding is there to ensure success. Perhaps even pay for rent-a-crowd?
But I could be wrong...perhaps some of you NH lot could indicate if Japan is genuinely a place you'd want to go to see a RWC and be looking to attend?

They didn't make a good start by canning the plans for the National Stadium. The final will be played at the 50,000 seat stadium in Yokohama