Referees in England
Post Likes
Ref got it wrong. Should only have been a FK for 19.12.c :biggrin:

Arabcheif

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
I can't see their feet. Ref and the Openside Flanker are in the way. Unless you've seen a different angle? Not sure how you can tell 19.12.c is applicable. I'm inclined to reset the scrum. As being force out of the scrum as 19.25 states - [FONT=fs_blakeregular]If a scrum collapses or if a player in the scrum is lifted or is forced upwards out of the scrum, the referee must blow the whistle immediately so that players stop pushing.

Nothing to say a FK or a Pen is a sanction here. At least not from an initial one off issue.[/FONT]

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I can't see their feet. Ref and the Openside Flanker are in the way. Unless you've seen a different angle? Not sure how you can tell 19.12.c is applicable. I'm inclined to reset the scrum. As being force out of the scrum as 19.25 states - [FONT=fs_blakeregular]If a scrum collapses or if a player in the scrum is lifted or is forced upwards out of the scrum, the referee must blow the whistle immediately so that players stop pushing.

[/FONT]
[FONT=fs_blakeregular]Nothing to say a FK or a Pen is a sanction here. At least not from an initial one off issue[/FONT][FONT=fs_blakeregular].[/FONT]

If there was no PK/FK offence then 19.25 could apply (although most refs would allow the ball to be played away if possible). If that was the case then which side gets the feed, possession or first feed?

Answer: First feed (from table) or if you consider forced up an "infringement" then . . . .

Answer: Neither. From last entry in the scrum table in 19 it would be a turnover: The team that was last moving forward or, if neither team was moving forward, the attacking team.

In all fairness it seems to me that SA has earned the feed.

Last edited: