Simon, row your boat alone....

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
Biology is not constrained by the physical equipment that you are using to define gender. Sexual orientation occurs in the brain and is very much a biological fact that is built in and not selected.

Sorry but you are wrong, should we go back to fertilisation? Talk about X and Y chromosomes?

How you dress, sleep with, act, talk, look (to a point) is up to you and personal choice, all of which I have not one issue with.

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Indeed Chris. It is clear he's on one.

26% of LGBT people are Conservative there is a ToryLGBT group. UKIP has had one openly LGBT candidate in the London Mayoral elections in 2016 Peter Whittle.

But of course it is nasty commie thinking encouraged by that nasty Mr Corbyn.

There are plenty of Scientist who would disagree with him. I don't have the time to waste with a bigot.
[h=1][/h]

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
Indeed Chris. It is clear he's on one.

26% of LGBT people are Conservative there is a ToryLGBT group. UKIP has had one openly LGBT candidate in the London Mayoral elections in 2016 Peter Whittle.

But of course it is nasty commie thinking encouraged by that nasty Mr Corbyn.

There are plenty of Scientist who would disagree with him. I don't have the time to waste with a bigot.
[h=1][/h]

So all LGBT were surveyed to get an accurate statistic?

Who is a bigot?

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
You do know how stats work I take it. If you. If it quacks like a duck etc. Sorry, I'll not reply fiurther you're going on ignore. Life's too short.

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
Wasted - IF it arrived after his ignore preference was selected.

Typical keyboard warrior he seems like, cannot put forward any substance to his claims, rants a bit then plays the, I can't be bothered with you card.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
It's my thread, and I'll shut ot down if I have to or want.

This was a simple question about whether or not a woman can/should play on a men's team.

It was not a thread about transgender players. As has been noted previously, and on more than one occasion, there are guidelines surrounding transgender players.

If we can get back on topic on the OP, great. If the thread meanders, so be it. Bigotry - and personal attacks on forum members - won't be tolerated.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Male and female is biology, simples.
No it isn't. Reality is more complex. However that complexity is being stretched to include "feelings" in some unspecifiable sense. Should the fact that A "feels" female be more important than the fact that other people perceive A to be male?

Shelflife

Referees in Ireland
Post Likes
Simon in the absence of guidance from above id be loath to let her play from a purely safety point of view.

Your point of not allowing a man play in a womens game pretty much sums it up nicely. Its simply an accident waiting to happen.
A 13st 18yr old male colliding with a 13st 18 yr old female will not end well IMO.

I did once ref a game where there was a special needs boy playing at his age group, he clearly wasnt capable of protecting himself , there were loath to take him off but I spent the game watching out for him when the ball came his way.

I spoke to the coach afterwards and said that it was a very bad idea to let him play until he could look after himself.

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Nor should we waste public money on changing people’s body because they want to. I won’t go off on my NHS rant being now free at the point of want not need.

Transsexuals have a 30-50% suicide rate. Would you rather waste it on therapy or antidepressants, or just leave the problem to sort itself out? I'm fascinated to hear your solution.

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Transsexuals have a 30-50% suicide rate. Would you rather waste it on therapy or antidepressants, or just leave the problem to sort itself out? I'm fascinated to hear your solution.

But maybe, as per Simon's request, that's for another thread... (In the non-rugby talk bit?)

I don't think I would allow it. I get the argument that international standard women could manage and excel at many levels of men's rugby, however the average woman vs the average man at college level has a whole different adolescent/developmental pathway.

I can't be fair and apply standards consistently from match to match if I say yes to the female Jonah Lomu one week and not to the equivalent Fumiaki Tanaka the next. In the absence of it being absolutely necessary for me to make a call week to week based on size/height/guess at strength/position, it's a "no" from me.