Site Errors - Part 2

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
I am convinced it happens, when we take a little too long writing the post and an auto save occurs before posting, then on attempting to definitively post the error occurs. Perhaps the temporary save location on Robbie’s serve is full?

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
I've been in touch with Robbie. He said he'll get on it

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I've been in touch with Robbie. He said he'll get on it
I wonder if he has had enough of being responsible for it, and would like somebody else to take over? (NO I am NOT volunteering!)

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I am convinced it happens, when we take a little too long writing the post and an auto save occurs before posting, then on attempting to definitively post the error occurs. Perhaps the temporary save location on Robbie’s serve is full?

Basically, yes, except the temporary save location is a database table. And the error suggests that database table is corrupt. Normally, taking the database offline, running a repair, and starting it up again is enough. It could be a 5 minute job, however if this is on shared hosting then that means taking everyone's sites down

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Hmm
I find I am also prevented from starting a new thread

If slowly everyone loses the ability to start a new thread then that will be the end of the forum ..

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
any update on this problem ? I'm still unable to start a new thread and quite few existing threads remain blocked ...

L'irlandais

Post Likes
For those not on Facebook
RRF said:
Apologies to everyone but we are still struggling with the site. Hope to get it sorted over this weekend.

@crossref A work’round is to type your post in a text editor and then cut and paste the finished article into RRF.
By so doing, you avoid the autosave entirely.

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
No, when I hit the Add New Thread button I just get an error page
Similar on certain threads .. I can't even read the thread (while logged on) when I click on the thread I just get an error message r

L'irlandais

Post Likes
Good news.
Rugbyrefs on FB said:
Should be fixed now. Really sorry it's taken so long, but it was a pain to repair without losing information.