some supplements that are really helping me...

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
a few things I have been testing and tweaking the last year or so:

magnesium/potassium/calcium balance. this is very important. I had no idea. all this time I was tweaking my electrolytes for cramping when it was deficiency of magnesium and potassium. I'm not taking 1600mg mag and 1000mg potassium every day. no signs of cramping, my blood pressure is down to normal and everything seems to be "flushing" through me better.

probiotics. I have used them on and off but have committed to them. gut health is VERY important.

green tea. I have been drinking 4-6 cups a day and have lost 10lbs in the last 60 days. I did cut out ice cream - so there is another factor but I think the asian's are on to something here. I have been reading on long term use and benefits. amazing.

hyaluronic acid. read up on this. it increases synovial fluid in your joints. you can actually feel the cushion increase in your knees. do read up on this gem.

astaxanthin. read up on this. major health benefits not only for fitness but overall health. the stuff from hawaii looks interesting.

there you go...hope it helps some of you.

buff

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Is this the type of stuff you would find in your average health store?

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
yes...if not - online. I would go to a health food type place that has a giant supp section. gnc probably wont.

I use luckyvitamin.com

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Let's be clear on this:

You still need to put in the hard yards. The stuff above (what I call the "1 percenters") are great if you've got a regimented program, are a disciplined individual, and care about all the other aspects of your life (sleep, nutrition, stress levels, training, etc) but will do SFA if you dont already put in the time and effort.

There's no smoking gun that I've ever come across that will do it. Even the guys on EPO are still training their asses off!

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
In Jamo's case, he is working as hard as anybody. So, you are right, a lazy guy like me will not get a huge boost right away from this. Perhaps the motivation is spending a few hundred bucks a month and making sure I get my money's worth. That, and carrying around a 50 pound bag of supplements all day will help as well.
In all seriousness, the probiotic route is one that everyone should consider. I give it my highest professional recommendation. The evidence is overwhelming that these things help almost all facets of health. And, I know of no discernible adverse effects.

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
correct bryan...I am eating a very strict diet and have a trainer that works me 3x a week. I have to text my weight to him every morning and he also looks me over very good every session.

another item that has done wonders for my game is this: www.trainingmask.com I would tell you how it works but easier to just watch the vids and read the site.

I would post ideas and such on the big site but every time it turned into a mess...I'm happy to share and hope others do too.

bryan...we are all not built like you...I have to take every angle I can just to keep up with those boys....but nothing beats hard work....and most of the stuff I posted is more for general health than athletic performance.

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
bryan...we are all not built like you...I have to take every angle I can just to keep up with those boys....but nothing beats hard work....and most of the stuff I posted is more for general health than athletic performance.

You are to me what I am to the typical 7s referee! Like a piss-take on the Dos Equis, meet the most inflexible man in the world, yours truly.

That being said, I was giving the referees some credibility in the weight room!

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
I hear you there...I'm one pot hole away from retirement....