Successful Hip Replacement

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
ST, thanks for your support and kind words. Reaching RFU Level 6 is something I am very proud of and would not have achieved without yours and other HRURS members support and advice. I have some wonderful memories but most important to me is the friends of rugby I made at Hampshire clubs and refereeing on exchange “overseas” in Singapore and Wales!

Glad your hip replacement was a success and I wish you every success in reaching your objectives. Look forward to seeing you on the touchline next season.

Was your exchange to Wales as memorable as mine when I went from Hampshire? Free beer, free meal, a wedding celebration, a referee sleeping in the car, and a fully stocked fridge on the Sunday morning...

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Was your exchange to Wales as memorable as mine when I went from Hampshire? Free beer, free meal, a wedding celebration, a referee sleeping in the car, and a fully stocked fridge on the Sunday morning...
I went to a wedding in Wales many years ago where a Scottish friend was marrying a Dutch girl. The priest was Irish and nearly all the guests were English. At the wedding lunch, the MC stood up to announce that "Wales are beating England 3-0. Keith Jarrett has just kicked a penalty off the post".

Blindpugh

Referees in England
Post Likes

Simon yes, my son played for Llandovery College 1st XV with George North. I was asked to referee a match at short notice and had to get RFU permission to referee overseas! I was well fed and watered with a good Welsh breakfast in the morning and I was invited back :clap::big grin: