Sunday Afternoon

Simon Griffiths

Referees in England
Post Likes
In my currently unpredictable life I am having to make do with, for the most part, re-appointments when I know that I am available. This weekend I've managed to pick up a nice little Sunday afternoon run-around. Cheltenham 2 v RAF Development (L8).

Now, which Navy kit should I wear... ;) :D

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Simon

The one you can still get into ............meoooooooooooowwww !

Seriously, enjoy it and use the opportunity to be up on toes and away fast, as there will be good patterns and skills.

Simon Griffiths

Referees in England
Post Likes
Now, that were a grand day out.

Two punch ups inside the first fifteen minutes. No problems after that though.

There was a freelance camera-person/analyst there too, so I've been promised a nice HD DVD of my match (including my panting, as caught by the mic I was given). I love watching a video of my matches - a great tool for examining your own refereeing.

Had a very odd couple of spells. They only lasted a thirty seconds or so each, but I just lost the plot (fitness wise). Suddenly felt completely knackered. Managed to keep up, just; then, as soon as it started, I felt fine again. :chin: Very odd.

Rew15

Referees in England
Post Likes
I just had my game recorded for the first time yesterday and can't wait to watch a copy when it arrives. Cameraman said that he managed to get a majority of the game despite the coaching staff and reserves of away side 'patrolling' the touchline in front of him.

Deeps

Referees in England
Post Likes
Had a very odd couple of spells. They only lasted a thirty seconds or so each, but I just lost the plot (fitness wise). Suddenly felt completely knackered. Managed to keep up, just; then, as soon as it started, I felt fine again. :chin: Very odd.

Clearly an energy shortfall. Try keeping a banana in your short's pocket and sneaking a nibble when you get a moment.

ex-lucy

Referees in England
Post Likes
is that a banana in your pocket . or are you just pleased to see me?

Simon Griffiths

Referees in England
Post Likes
Would be quite a conundrum if I was refereeing some of the ladies' college teams I saw in the States. :cool:

Deeps

Referees in England
Post Likes
I did say banana and these are usually yellow; you could get yourself into serious trouble if your conundrums fell out of your pocket, whatever colour or flavour! :nono: