Superbowl (Insert Roman Numeral...)

Simon Griffiths

Referees in England
Post Likes
One for our learned cousins from across the pond.

I'll be sat at home, up late, watching the game (supporting the Patriots - have my father to thank for my team choice). Enjoying sporadic bursts of play and drinking through the endless stoppages (it really is a good sport spoiled by an American way of running the show... :eek: ).

PS. Is it sacrilege to drink G&T instead of beer for the game? We've got no proper beer left... :eek:

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
PS. Is it sacrilege to drink G&T instead of beer for the game? We've got no proper beer left... :eek:
No! Most Americans have never tasted proper beer. G&T is a bit too potent. Get yourself a glass of water, add a sprinkle of Oxo to change the colour, leave to ferment for 5 minutes and you've got the real American deal - or pretty close to it!

Simon Griffiths

Referees in England
Post Likes
:D

Carbonated water with a dash of food colouring appropriate do you think?

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
No! Most Americans have never tasted proper beer. G&T is a bit too potent. Get yourself a glass of water, add a sprinkle of Oxo to change the colour, leave to ferment for 5 minutes and you've got the real American deal - or pretty close to it!

...speaks the man who may not have had access to some of the fine micro brews over here, or the pale ales.

I miss a pint of bitter, and I miss me some Heavy - but to say I can't get decent beer over here would be a travesty

chopper15

Learned Terrace Ref
Post Likes
Still can't understand why our coaches don't recognise the advantage of those US breeches? Besides being far less tackle-friendly they don't look at all twee . . . real manly, in fact . . . . like the old sepia prints of me and Denzil in the hallway!

And did anyone notice the thigh-huggers the French were sporting this pm?

At least their coaches are getting the message, and it did appear to be effective . . . .