[Law] Tappe speaks

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
It is annoying to find things I didn't say, attributed to me. Of course, posters can click the green arrow and check the original source - but alas, they are only likely to do that if they notice that the quote is a bit odd. In fact, now I come to think about it a bit, the FTFY meme is probably not something we should encourage

FTFY again :)

Last edited:

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
RRF is/was a serious forum, being disrespectful surely isn’t something Mods wish to encourage on here.
FTFY is not as widely used or known as other online acronyms, so if you decide to use it, don't expect everyone to know exactly what it stands for. You might be better off typing out "Fixed that for you" in full rather than potentially leaving your message recipients confused—especially if you're using it sarcastically and don't want to take anything away from the humorous effect of this particular phrase.
Adding FTFY basically says: "I'm joking around by being bit of a snob." It's up to the original poster to decide whether the FTFY reply is harmlessly funny or disrespectfully narcissistic.

Pablo

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Across this and other threads, you’re all making this just a super-fun place to visit.