[Tackle] This did not seem right.

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
At the end of last season I was reffing a Level 9 game. In open play a white player, attacking, is held by a Black player. A few moments later, a second Black player crashes into the held White player from the White Player's side. This second player did use his arms to tackle. It did not seem right, and the white player was injured.

Any thoughts?

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
From your description it sounds like dangerous play as he was neither attempting a tackle not=r binding onto the teammate/opponent.

PK minimum, with cards from there depending on circumstances etc.

what did you do?

didds

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
At the end of last season I was reffing a Level 9 game. In open play a white player, attacking, is held by a Black player. A few moments later, a second Black player crashes into the held White player from the White Player's side. This second player did use his arms to tackle. It did not seem right, and the white player was injured.

Any thoughts?

play on

DocY

Referees in England
Post Likes
Sounds okay to me. No tackle or maul, so the second black player (probably) wasn't offside, so if there was nothing wrong with his tackle, play on (or stop play for the injury, if necessary).

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes

Any thoughts?

Yes Blackberry, it doesn't seem right/correct? I think you know that by law, the second black player is proper.

What has happened is your brain has become accustomed to players coming in from at or directly behind the tackle from their approaching side. You even listed this question in the tackle forum when a tackle has yet to occur. This is similar to a trailing player intercepting a pass that results in spectators yelling "offside" or in the U.S. "offsides".

It doesn't look right in your brain, you start pulling the whistle up, and w/o previously imagining this scenario in your head, it looks odd,

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
sorry - misread it. use of arms in a tackle - play on

didds