This needs to be stamped out

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
yeah - I thought it was pretty over the top.

didds

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Next break in play....give him a bollocking and tell him to stop trying to buy penalties, or it may go against him!

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Yeah I had a rant on FB about it at the time, funny enough the welsh supporters didn't bite!

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Oh, it's not the first time.

*cough* Lee Byrne, 2010. Louganis like

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
If we can't stamp it out can we at least kick it in the back?

See what I did there?

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
So we had the dive from the French winger the other week, now we have had this from the Welsh 9.
https://gfycat.com/DazzlingSickCuscus
I have no idea what Blue 7 was thinking, but I couldn't agree more. I noticed it at the time and let out a few choice words. I think Webb has "form" as I'm pretty sure he's done something similar before.

While the Scotland try was being scored, IMO Webb feigned a trip there too. I don't think Gatland would be coaching it; I seem to remember he had a go at Mike Phillips a year or two ago, just for pointing / taunting a player while in the act of scoring. I'd like to think that Mr Gatland will stamp on it - if he hasn't stamped on it already. :knuppel2:

Next break in play....give him a bollocking and tell him to stop trying to buy penalties, or it may go against him!
I've often wondered how I would deal with it if it happened. That sounds good to me.

Last edited:

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
I also hate the tackler being held into a ruck to buy a PK - which we see a lot of at the elite level.

When I see it in my games, I give the scrum, with the explanation that if you hold a player in, I'm not giving a PK against them, but I might consider a PK against the holder if it continues. Rarely happens again in the game.

Na Madrai

Referees in England
Post Likes
I always penalise opposition players holding the tackler - the laws want him rolling away, your preventing him from so doing. PK. Situation will never reoccur.

Similiarly, if the tackler's team mates bind on him whilst he is on the ground, PK.

Same applies to the ball carrier's team - once he has played the ball, I want every player on the floor rolling away.

NM

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Strong warning first offence.
Penalty and YC if there's a second.