This Weekend's Big Match

Simon Griffiths

Referees in England
Post Likes
Okay then, having been prevented from attending last season (despite the offer to a few of us to join a flag officer's coach), I shall finally make it to the year's most important match at Twickenham on Saturday.

What is the normal procedures, where should I sit to avoid the pong ( :wink: ) and are any RRF members going to be there to meet up with for a pint?

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Simon - get there in time to see CS U21 v England Students. Dickie Underwood (CS and Hampshire) is in the middle - I have been coaching him this season, when he hasn't been away at sea.

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
Pongos and Seaweeds fighting over a rugby ball eh!!

:chin:

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
SG, I take it from your comments that your Mess isn't sending a coach party and that you won't have the usual wardroom refreshments and catering?

Not been for a number of years, but have a damned good time.

If the Army have sorted out the players that were away on deployment earlier in the year then I doubt the RN have much of a chance. Either way, should be a bl**dy good game:)

Splice the mainbrace at about 1030:bday: :biggrin:

Deeps

Referees in England
Post Likes
...then I doubt the RN have much of a chance.

...especially if both ships are out on Saturday.

No splicers for me unfortunately as I have been volunteered to organise the referees for the Emerging Schools competition. The final stages take place at Staines RFC kicking off at 08 dubs (bludy hell, the JS dinner is Friday night!) then a select few make the mad dash through the traffic to Twickers to run the 3 Finals at half time in the big match; Deeps Junior will be refereeing one final (if he can get his Saturday shift at Tesco covered).

I'll wave to you all in the crowd from time to time, depending on how many fingers I have available at that precise moment. :D