Throwing sand

leaguerefaus

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I suggest you see the other camera angle which clears him of any wrongdoing.

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
[video]http://www.rugby.com.au/videos/2016/06/18/14/28/hooper-cleared-of-sand-in-face[/video]

Camquin

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
RobLev
As long as referees fail to pick it up, he can bind where he likes, especially if he gains an advantage, or thinks he does.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Illegal, unsporting (which can be illegal in itself) or just gamesmanship?

https://twitter.com/StimsonChris/status/744144954319114240

None of the above because it never happened. The camera angle was cherry-picked to to fool suckers into thinking it was true. The pitchside camera shows that the sand actually never went anywhere near the player.

This is typical fare for the types of idiots who inhabit the twittersphere, and an example of why I don't have a twitter account, never will and never quote anything that is on it. Twiitter is just rife with conspiracy theorists, flat earthers and YECs and other assorted nutjob members of The Stupidati

PS: it IS the same scrum in both videos.

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
This is typical fare for the types of idiots who inhabit the twittersphere, and an example of why I don't have a twitter account, never will and never quote anything that is on it. Twiitter is just rife with conspiracy theorists, flat earthers and YECs and other assorted nutjob members of The Stupidati
You should join! You'd fit right in :)

Ricardowensleydale

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
None of the above because it never happened. The camera angle was cherry-picked to to fool suckers into thinking it was true. The pitchside camera shows that the sand actually never went anywhere near the player.

PS: it IS the same scrum in both videos.

You don't think he threw any sand? I think you should look again a little more closely. Perhaps you were too keen to rush of and write your ridiculous, self-aggrandizing criticism of others to actually consider what happened.

It's a shame you consider that everyone who has Twitter account is beneath you. I shall mention your contempt to the Dalai Lama, Pope Francis, The Nobel Prize Committee, The All Blacks and RugbyRefs.com

Last edited:

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
You don't think he threw any sand? I think you should look again a little more closely. Perhaps you were too keen to rush of and write your ridiculous, self-aggrandizing criticism of others to actually consider what happened.

Read what I actually said. The player did not throw sand in the face of his opponent. The sand didn't go anywhere near his opponent.

Perhaps you were too keen to rush off and write your ridiculous, unjustified accusation of others to actually consider what happened.

It's a shame you consider that everyone who has Twitter account is beneath you. I shall mention your contempt to the Dalai Lama, Pope Francis, The Nobel Prize Committee, The All Blacks and RugbyRefs.com

Where did I say "everyone"

Again, read what I actually said... here's a clue for you

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/rife

You should join! You'd fit right in :)

I am not a conspiracy theorist or a flat earther. Nor am I a young-earth creationist, so no, I would not fit in at all

I debate against these particular forms of stupidity on skeptic debate forums where The Stupidati are outnumbered.

Ricardowensleydale

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Read what I actually said. The player did not throw sand in the face of his opponent. The sand didn't go anywhere near his opponent.

Why was he throwing sand at all? Maybe his opponent was distracted for a moment wondering if he was going to have sand thrown at him. Perhaps he was just a bit bored while taking part in a scrum and needed something to occupy himself.

Throwing sand has no place in the game and your defense of it is ridiculous.

I'm certain you'll agree as you always normally see reason when challenged.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
The tone of this discussion is getting a little acrimonious. Let's calm it down.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Why was he throwing sand at all? Maybe his opponent was distracted for a moment wondering if he was going to have sand thrown at him. Perhaps he was just a bit bored while taking part in a scrum and needed something to occupy himself.

Throwing sand has no place in the game and your defense of it is ridiculous.

I'm certain you'll agree as you always normally see reason when challenged.

I don't assume the worst

Perhaps he wanted to put his hand there for support but the loose ground was in the way, so he moved it. You don't have ESP so you don't know what he was thinking, and nor do I.