Xian_guerreros_terracota_general.JPG
No we're ****ing not!

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
if you have been a c***, how you say in English

well done, mate, this IS how you say it in English :)

How do you say it in Italian?

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
No muckin' about there from Castro.

Getting back to the Tiger's kit, what is the significance of the letter on the left breast of their jersey? I noticed it in the game against Toulon. No. 1 has the letter A, 2 has B, 3 has C and so on.

colesy

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
No muckin' about there from Castro.

Getting back to the Tiger's kit, what is the significance of the letter on the left breast of their jersey? I noticed it in the game against Toulon. No. 1 has the letter A, 2 has B, 3 has C and so on.

It's a nod in the direction of the old days when Leicester numbered their shirts A, B, C etc instead of using numbers. It's also why their front row was known as the ABC club.

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
It's a nod in the direction of the old days when Leicester numbered their shirts A, B, C etc instead of using numbers. It's also why their front row was known as the ABC club.

Cheers colesy.
I had seen letters on jumpers before so I assumed it was a nostalgia thing with the Tigers.
Thank god we don't have letters now. Having said that, we had a season where one of our local clubs decided it would be a good idea to assign every player in their club with their own number. Hence the senior 1st XV started with No.1 right down to the under 8s who had the smallest shirts with the biggest & highest numbers somewhere in the vicinity of the mid 200s.
Bloody nightmare at first. "Green one hundred and seventy seven, roll".
All of the pre-printed match sheets had to be manually altered (except for the 1st team) for example to cross out 10 and replace with 234 J Bloggs.
It lasted one season.

TigerCraig

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Cheers colesy.
I had seen letters on jumpers before so I assumed it was a nostalgia thing with the Tigers.
Thank god we don't have letters now. Having said that, we had a season where one of our local clubs decided it would be a good idea to assign every player in their club with their own number. Hence the senior 1st XV started with No.1 right down to the under 8s who had the smallest shirts with the biggest & highest numbers somewhere in the vicinity of the mid 200s.
Bloody nightmare at first. "Green one hundred and seventy seven, roll".
All of the pre-printed match sheets had to be manually altered (except for the 1st team) for example to cross out 10 and replace with 234 J Bloggs.
It lasted one season.

We have one junior club in Sydney that does letters, Harbord Harlequins. Takes some getting used to.

My clubs golden oldies team got a set in the clubs 50th anniversary all numbered 50 which we still wear - that confuses a lot of people

oldman

Referees in England
Post Likes
Student side from West London used to play in shirts with roman numerals on shirts. Once lead to me saying "XXI roll oh f**k it penalty"