Trouble with keyboards on the forum

buff

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
On a regular basis I have to really hit the keys to get the forum to recognise my typing. Today I really have to hit the keys particularly hard. It happens on my laptop, which is a typical institutional machine, but also on my home desktop, which is a new, reasonably expensive custom build. It seems to happen after auto-save, but not always. It only happens on this forum.
TIA

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
On a regular basis I have to really hit the keys to get the forum to recognise my typing. Today I really have to hit the keys particularly hard. It happens on my laptop, which is a typical institutional machine, but also on my home desktop, which is a new, reasonably expensive custom build. It seems to happen after auto-save, but not always. It only happens on this forum.
TIA

Is this a test to see how replies it will take til someone writes "wank" or "wanking"?

Too many jokes available, too many stuck keys.

buff

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
No, not a test. The laptop is from my employer. It would be difficult to square that type of behaviour with our acceptable use policy.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
What browser are you using?

I had trouble getting some forums to work with "Opera" a while back. It wasn't so much that I had to hit the keys hard, it was that there was a delay between typing, and what I saw on the screen... I would type and nothing would happen, I would keep typing, and then the screen would suddenly "catch up". I switched back to Firefox and have had no trouble since.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
it's a wind up, right ? a computer can't tell how hard you are hitting the keys.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Hit them harder.........use a hammer.