U14 NRoP 2016/17

AntonyGoodman

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Hi All,

For those people who will be refereeing the U14 game in England this coming season , here are the NRoP. Apparently these should be on the website soon.

View attachment 3438

Thanks,

Antony

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Hi All,

For those people who will be refereeing the U14 game in England this coming season , here are the NRoP. Apparently these should be on the website soon.

View attachment 3438

Thanks,

Antony

Sometimes I despair at the stupidity of the well-meaning fools who dream up this stuff....
knuppel2.gif

"a) The object of the game is to score a try by placing the ball with a downward pressure on or behind the opponents’ goal line."

So, is a referee now supposed to disallow a try if the ball carrier touches the ball on the ground without applying downward pressure?

Why are they not teaching these kids the proper Laws from the get-go!?

We do our best to teach people that the ball carrier does not have to apply downward pressure when grounding the ball, and then these idiots teach them the opposite.

I'm all for modifying Junior Rules for safety reasons, but this is just unnecessary and serves only to confuse them. This is worse than commentators getting it wrong because the word of a commentator carries no official weight.

Last edited:

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
I applaud their big-hearted move to harmonise this law with us and so not confuse any young kids out there who may be playing both codes. Do you think they might be convinced to also disallow charging a conversion? :pepper:

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I applaud their big-hearted move to harmonise this law with us and so not confuse any young kids out there who may be playing both codes. Do you think they might be convinced to also disallow charging a conversion? :pepper:

Only at a penalty try!

...... hang on!!

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
[LAWS]a) The maximum pitch size is 100 metres by 70 metres, plus 5 metres for each in-goal area, representing a full size pitch[/LAWS]

So a game played on a full-sized pitch with 10m in-goal areas, they have to cone off half the in-goal? What on earth for?

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Regulation 15 is, and always has been, a mess.