Uisng an AR

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I doubt it would be 'hey guys...make sure you repeatedly tell me when the feed is not straight when I'm on the feeding side...I really need that info cause that's clear and obvious'.
I have sat in on AR briefings and it is not uncommon to hear "leave not straight calls at lineouts and scrums to me". However he might well have asked for input if he was the opposite side to the scrum half, which is when they are most likely to cheat.

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I have sat in on AR briefings and it is not uncommon to hear "leave not straight calls at lineouts and scrums to me". However he might well have asked for input if he was the opposite side to the scrum half, which is when they are most likely to cheat.

My point exactly....NO gave the call when the ref was on the feeding side. Very unlikely the ref would have asked for AR to assist with that call and if the ref was silent about his wish in that then NO should have said nothing.

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Not really. My point is that we cannot really judge without knowing what the AR briefing was - and we don't.

You're right, we shouldn't hypothesise what was said. We don't know.
What I do know is that clip made BOTH of them look a little bit foolish. An elite TO3 fail layed out before the public.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
You're right, we shouldn't hypothesise what was said. We don't know.
What I do know is that clip made BOTH of them look a little bit foolish. An elite TO3 fail layed out before the public.
Agreed.